DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys new to the forum, I hope I fit right in. I am always putting speakers on something!

This was a rainy day idea that we came up with.
I had an old 15" bazooka subwoofer that I got for free from my cousin and a boss 1000w amp.
My friends had some blue underglow and some 6.5" boss speakers which he got for around 20 bucks total.
We decided why not install all of it on a golf cart?
I powered the lights and the speakers off of a 12v 6.5 amp battery that I had replaced in an old four-wheeler before I sold it.
The result was - hours of entertainment - and a horrible sounding audio system. However, we had so much fun that it was worth all the trouble and the audio quality wasn't too bad for putting the whole thing together for less than 20 bucks!!!
Of course, once my friend's dad got home we got a trying-not-to-laugh scolding and had to take it all apart again.

Hope this is not against any rules because it is "cart" audio instead of "car" audio haha

It made for one great day and if yall want to see the finished product Ill put a link to the video below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dMrRnP5fHM

· Registered
8,008 Posts
Hey guys new to the forum, I hope I fit right in. I am always putting speakers on something!

This was a rainy day idea that we came up with.
I had an old 15" bazooka subwoofer that I got for free from my cousin and a boss 1000w amp.
My friends had some blue underglow and some 6.5" boss speakers which he got for around 20 bucks total.
We decided why not install all of it on a golf cart?
I powered the lights and the speakers off of a 12v 6.5 amp battery that I had replaced in an old four-wheeler before I sold it.
The result was - hours of entertainment - and a horrible sounding audio system. However, we had so much fun that it was worth all the trouble and the audio quality wasn't too bad for putting the whole thing together for less than 20 bucks!!!
Of course, once my friend's dad got home we got a trying-not-to-laugh scolding and had to take it all apart again.

Hope this is not against any rules because it is "cart" audio instead of "car" audio haha

It made for one great day and if yall want to see the finished product Ill put a link to the video below!
Welcome!

That sounds like fun. One question though: I'm not sure what you mean by "12v 6.5 amp battery"? If you're referring to a 6.5 amp-hour battery, I'm wondering how on earth such a small battery could run all of that (a head unit, lights, and a 1,000 watt amp?), for "hours of entertainment."

What am I missing?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are completely correct haha. The hours of fun were the building of the contraption and about 45 minutes of riding at a time. We ran an aux chord directly to the amp with an adapter cable. We had to charge the battery a couple times during the day! I wish the video link would go up, we tried to explain it at some point in the video.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome!

That sounds like fun. One question though: I'm not sure what you mean by "12v 6.5 amp battery"? If you're referring to a 6.5 amp-hour battery, I'm wondering how on earth such a small battery could run all of that (a head unit, lights, and a 1,000 watt amp?), for "hours of entertainment."

What am I missing?
Sorry still figuring out how to use the forum. I will post the link to the video!
The battery was a trooper but you are correct it only lasted for about 35-45 minutes before the subwoofer began to lose power. The hours of fun were mostly made up of building the box and installing it on the golf cart with my good friends. We just had a blast, the whole experiance was great. Check out the video to see it all in action :)

· Registered
8,008 Posts
You are completely correct haha. The hours of fun were the building of the contraption and about 45 minutes of riding at a time. We ran an aux chord directly to the amp with an adapter cable. We had to charge the battery a couple times during the day! I wish the video link would go up, we tried to explain it at some point in the video.
NICE!!!

I'd love to see that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.