DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know anything about the Carver M2060 2 channel amp? All I know is its 60x2. I have an offer to get one for dirt cheap, but wont unless it has LP and HP filters on it. I have googled it and came up very short handed, thanks in advance

·
Registered
530 Posts
i was unable to find the 2060 in any of my books 1990 kinda strange-if it is a pma 2062 in my 92 book it has no x-overs,and is 40 times 2,if it is an i series - came out in 88,it has a hp-lp switch fixed at 115 hz, either way i believe that model will have either no crossovers or a fixed x-over based on the models i have in my books hope it helps

·
Registered
530 Posts
found it in one of my 91 yr. mg it is a fixed 18db x-over 80 hz,60 by 2 4 ohm 120 by 1 into an 8 ohm load 4 ohm bridged not recc.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you guys think this amp is worth $50 shipped? Thinking of using it to run a pair of mids, or should I look for an amp with more control? There is a Nakamichi amp that does 75x2 and has LP, HP, and subsonic filters, which could be used to bandpass a set of midbass drivers with. This one goes for $95. Thanks

·
Registered
530 Posts
if the nak amp is the old pa 300ii its a solid good sounding amp if working properly,the newer pa models are built in the us.by steven mantz-zed audio ive owned a couple and were very happy with them,i have not listened to any older carver amplifiers so cant say on them

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a PA-1002 for my sub and it was the best sounding car amp I have had. Sadly it overheated and died during the summer and I had to replace it. Now I have a PPI PCX 280, it has more power but not the same sound quality. Even though the nak died I would still buy nakamichi amps if the price was right.

Are the newer PA models (black with big orange logo) the same quality as the early PA models (black and silver)?

·
Registered
530 Posts
the newer pa series internally are a bit diff. still regulated but dont think they share the excellent big toshoiba transistors,by the way you can send your pa 1002 to zed audio and steve will repair it for around 80-100.00 depending on whats wrong with it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I returned it and got a full refund, I wanted another one but they were sold out.

Thats cool how they use toshiba trasistors in the car amps, my Nakamichi home receiver also has Toshiba transistors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts