DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I agree with Vic...not worth upgrading a APS90 to a 100...might as well get another APS90. I already have three strapped w/battery.

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I agree with Vic...not worth upgrading a APS90 to a 100...might as well get another APS90. I already have three strapped w/battery.
You can use it as welder... ever measured current you pulling?

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm betting this could really power my garage system. Maybe I should have you build my amp when the time comes.
I bet it could. I build custom amplifiers for home and mobile installs.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
You can use it as welder... ever measured current you pulling?
For the output or input?

I know it's possible of welding, I weld all my solder joints with my 5amp bench power supply (adjustable from upto 30vdc):p. So I can imagine what my three strapped APS90's are capable of doing:D.

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
From the output or input?

I know it's possible of welding, I weld all my solder joints with my 5amp bench power supply (adjustable from upto 30vdc):p. So I can imagine what my three strapped APS90's are capable of doing:D.
Output. Input can trip 15A circuit breaker.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Output. Input can trip 15A circuit breaker.
I have a 15A breaker on each power supply just as manufacture recommends. I've pulled over 300a on some big mono blocks:eek:.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've never used one of these power supplys before. Are you saying you should use these along with a car battery also ? If so, exactly how do you do that ? Also, can you just use it by itself as a power supply to power a system for example in the garage when testing ? Or how would you use it in the garage along with the battery in the car ? Forgive me but I'm interested in this unit, but would know how to use it properly for best results.

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I've never used one of these power supplys before. Are you saying you should use these along with a car battery also ? If so, exactly how do you do that ? Also, can you just use it by itself as a power supply to power a system for example in the garage when testing ? Or how would you use it in the garage along with the battery in the car ? Forgive me but I'm interested in this unit, but would know how to use it properly for best results.
Originally those PSU were designed to keep Multiple RV 12V batteries charged and maintained. It can be use by itself to power 12V electronics in the garage.
battery only needed if current draw exceed amperage PSU build for.
Music signal draw about 1/8 of amplifiers rated power, if you fix powerfull ass amplifiers like Tricky Ricky does you might need 300A draw on max power. That`s the time you`d need battery in parallel.
for real life garage system you`d need much less draw that can be increased by multiple PSU and or battery in parallel if when desired.
Chec out this thread:http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/172684-victory-sonics-30a-430w-power-supply.html

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.