DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the vapor barrier on my rear doors to install dynamat. Once I got all the dynamat on, I taped up the 1/8" CCF over the door.

First, is the 1/8" CCF enough or do I need to put a vapor barrier back in?

Second, is the foil tape going to be enough to hold up the CCF long term?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you saying that you put the dynamat on the inside of the door, not the inside of the outter skin? just to clarify....
I put the dynamat on like normal, put the CCF over that, and put the panel back on.

Would I need to re-install a vapor barrier inbetween the CCF and the panel (I believe its called a 'door card'?) -- outside door skin-->dynamat-->inner door skin-->dynamat--> CCF--> \vapor barrier\ -->door panel

Attachments

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
CCF will be impervious to moisture. Just test a sample to see if water passes through it or gets absorbed. If it doesn't, you're good. Why did you replace the stock vapor barrier with CCF? Rattles?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CCF will be impervious to moisture. Just test a sample to see if water passes through it or gets absorbed. If it doesn't, you're good. Why did you replace the stock vapor barrier with CCF? Rattles?
No rattles... Yet... I needed to take it off to get to the inside of the door. The plastic was glued down with a foam type of adhesive, much like spray foam but in a lot smaller quantity, but it made it unusable once I took it off.

Will the foil tape be enough to hold it up? The pins in the door card also seem to be sandwiching it on there too I suppose...

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
No rattles... Yet... I needed to take it off to get to the inside of the door. The plastic was glued down with a foam type of adhesive, much like spray foam but in a lot smaller quantity, but it made it unusable once I took it off.

Will the foil tape be enough to hold it up? The pins in the door card also seem to be sandwiching it on there too I suppose...
It's not likely to move once the trim panel is reinstalled. Whether the tape will maintain a seal around the edge will depend on he adhesive. Like to be OK id it's intended for HVAC duct work.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

Where did you purchase the CCF from?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts