DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m going to be putting CCF (closed-cell foam) on my metal inner door panel and inter plastic door panel to prevent vibration noises from the door panel, as well as butyl roping some of the plastic components together, such as the clips. But is it worth it to do the same for other plastic panels in my car that I already have popped out? For example kick panels, center console kick panels, pillar panels, etc.

I guess I’d just rather overdo it now than install everything, chase rattles, uninstall and do it where needed, repeat.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Providing the panel still fits back on, it can't hurt!

I used CCF behind the kick panels in my MR2 Roadster and that seemed to reduce some "swishy" noises from driving through puddles

·
Registered
310 Posts
“Rather over do it than under do it” is the key.

If you have time, money, take a logical approach and everything goes back together when you’re finished then you can’t over do it. Of course there is diminishing returns but if you’re already in the door why not eliminate any source of rattle? When I did my doors I used felt and deadener on the factory harnesses to quiet them - I didn’t go overboard and I have some rattles. So I’ll open them up again in Spring.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
yes, and also decouple it with neoprene stripes between plastics and metal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts