·
Registered
18,239 Posts
It was from sds

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
773 Posts
Luxury liner Pro weighs a freaking ton. And its not just the vinyl that contributes to the weight. But the foam is pretty thick.
You are correct sir, the foam on the Luxury Liner Pro is about 4 times denser then regular closed cell foam like Over Kill Pro. But it is the 9 lbs of the Mass Loaded Vinyl infused to the dense CCF that make up most of the weight.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Luxury liner is ccf AND mlv....... Foam weights next to nothing. Mlv on the other hand is heavy as holy hell. You need to stop speaking on topics you have no experience with.

Actually Luxury liner is just raw mass loaded barium infused vinyl.

Luxury Liner Pro on the other hand is a very dense closed cell foam infused onto the same mass loaded vinyl. If we were to cut off the CCF on LLP, it would weight 2-3 times more then the weight of the same piece of CCF like Over Kill Pro. It is very easy to see/feel the difference in CCF's just by touching the products.

·
Registered
18,239 Posts
Actually Luxury liner is just raw mass loaded barium infused vinyl.

Luxury Liner Pro on the other hand is a very dense closed cell foam infused onto the same mass loaded vinyl. If we were to cut off the CCF on LLP, it would weight 2-3 times more then the weight of the same piece of CCF like Over Kill Pro. It is very easy to see/feel the difference in CCF's just by touching the products.
Ahhh, well my point still stands... Gerald is comparing apples to birds

·
Registered
773 Posts
The magic eraser is stiff and it tears, even if found in 1/8" thickness it will break or tear if compressed too much. I may be wrong, some higher quality ones may not have those issues and may cost way more.

I would still use quality open cell foam to fill gaps between the card and the inner door, it may simplify things, like self adhesive different thicknesses and cost.
Open cell foams that have not been treated with a hydrophobic process should not be used inside of vehicles as they will absorb and retain water.

Here is a picture of a very bendable, pliable melamine foam....but yes you do have to spend more than a dollar like the price of the Magic Eraser and it helps to get Hydrophobic Melamine Foam :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Thanks guys for the feedback. Here is what I have taken from the posts.

2) If I were to use HMF it is not as flexible as CCF and would not bend and mold to curved surfaces as easy as CCF.

Question: For those of you that have used HMF, is it really that rigid? Would it be a real issue or could it work fine inside a spare tire well or on top of a drive shaft tunnel?
No it is very flexible, you just have to buy a high quality HMF. Here is a picture of how flexible Mega Zorbe is.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts