DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a test cd to set gains with that has sine waves, and noise for an RTA.
I searched a bit and came up with,,,,, (A test CD with a sine wave set to 0db)

But there seemed to be a possibility of blowing up a sub quite easily, if the sine wave set to 0db is played for over 20 seconds.
I could use a bit of guidance on how not to trash my new speakers, and set gains properly.

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
Use your ears and music. It's pretty difficult to damage a sub if you are sensible. You need to listen to how the sub is behaving, once you hear obvious distortion back the gain down.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Looking for a test cd to set gains with that has sine waves, and noise for an RTA.

But there seemed to be a possibility of blowing up a sub quite easily, if the sine wave set to 0db is played for over 20 seconds.
I could use a bit of guidance on how not to trash my new speakers, and set gains properly.
Buy a DD-1 distortion detector and it comes with a CD of 8 gain setting tracks and 1 pink noise track for using an RTA.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Try this website out. You can generate any frequency sine wave files at any levels you want. I used this to make 1/6 octave spacing sine waves in WAV format. It's awesome. once you make your files, you can burn them to a CD, play over USB, stream over Bluetooth, whatever you need to do.

This site also has noise files too. I'm pretty sure you can customize those too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts