DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'd like to introduce myself, I've been lurking for quite some time, reading, learning and buying. I've been into car audio for about 15 years and DIY home audio for about 8 years. Most of the car audio products I've played with were mass produced stuff, kicker, infinity, ect... I wish I would've come across this site long ago.

Anyway, I've recently been buying up stuff for my 08 Ram. So far I have Peerless Nomex 6.5" 830875 and SEAS Prestige 27TFFNC/G 1" for my front stage. I'll be running these off of a Cadence iA4 amp. I also picked up a DIYMA 12. I think I'm going to run this off of a Cadence iA7, just haven't purchased it yet.

I'm looking at the CD5030 and the CDA9887. First off, I know the Alpine is a better unit, I'm just wondering if it'll be a better unit without using Imprint? I really don't want to spend the extra 250 for tuning software right now, but might down the road.

I'm leaning towards running the sub down firing in a custom box under the arm rest. I know that running a sub in the middle of a room yields terrible results, how would a sub in the middle of a Quad Cab truck sound?

That's all I have for now...

·
Registered
236 Posts
both good units... the cd5030 looks really nice and has great features, but lacks the 24bit burr brown which the 9887 has!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts