DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some Q's :)

I'm thinking about replacing my 9800BT with this deck, but there are a few things that might make or break it for me. I can't easily find

answers for them via Google.

1) How user friendly is the iPod interface? The 9800BT's interface isn't too bad; however there is a slight lag in loading the lists. My

biggest pet peeve though is when searching through directories and hitting "back". It doesn't take you back where you left off in the parent

directory. It takes you back to the beginning of the parent directory which is SUPER annoying. Does the cd7200 do this? How about lag in the

7200?

2) I know eclipse units don't have pause, which is retarded. But I circumvented that problem with my cd8445 by simply powering the unit off when

I needed to pause. I discovered that the 8445 has a very quick boot/shut down...none of that silly holding in buttons and counting to 3 garbage.

Is the cd7200 the same?

3) Does anyone know if the iPod mp3's will be converted to analog via the eclipse's DAC? Or do I have to rely on whatever crap DAC apple put in

my 5 year old iPod for the conversion?

4) Can the BT be programmed to auto-connect? I was able...1 time...in the 5 years I've owned my 9800BT to get my phone to auto-connect to the

deck. For the life of me, I can't figure out what I did to do that. It was with a Blackberry Bold 9000. Now with my Droid 2, I have to turn BT

on, but I don't have to enter a password. If I simply leave BT on, it won't connect. The Bold was AT&T, every other phone I've owned was/is

Verizon if that makes a difference.

5) Does the BT-phone echo? The BT on my 9800 echos so bad I really can't even use it. I hear no echo, but everyone on the other line complains.

I tried with and without echo cancel on. I don't know if its just the acoustics of my vehicle or the design of the BT in the deck.

6) Does the cd7200 have BT-audio? I don't see it listed as a feature on Crutchfield, so I'm going to guess No. I didn't think I'd ever use it on

my 9800, but I found that when I get tired of the music on my iPod, I can DL a couple songs real quick on my Droid 2 and stream them via BT. The

Droids DAC is actually surprisingly good. Also, Pandora in the car is a nice feature :)

I think thats all I got for now. The cd7200 is a big step up in SQ and ads a bit more flexibility from my 9800. I just really don't want to

lose the functionality (or my sanity) just for the sake of some more SQ. Its not like I'm running top of the line gear throughout my car anyway.

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
99 Posts
1) the ipod interface is laggy, when you hit the return button it does go back the previous spot in that menu. My tiff with the interface is when you power the deck off it loses its place and you have to find your place again.
2) I pause mine by hitting the cell phone mode as I don't use the BT cause the sound sucks for me. I have talked to a couple other owners who say it works great though so it might be the phone or car or who knows.
3) Not sure on this one don't want to mis inform you.
4) mine auto connected just fine with lg phone and now w/ EVO
5) see 2)
6) Yes it does have BT audio, I tried it and it sounded weird like it was in a tin can so I never really messed with it after that as I have a **** ton of ACC on my ipod that sounds awesome.
My opinion of the deck is that is sounds awesome! It has a fair amount of x over/EQ for the money as well. The downfall is the interface, it is worse than the 7000 and the 7100. For me the interface functions well enough that I don't mind it, you can download the custom background creation tool form the eclipse site and make your own all black background which makes it a WHOLE LOT easier to read and work with. This deck ain't pretty but it sounds bitchin!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1) the ipod interface is laggy, when you hit the return button it does go back the previous spot in that menu. My tiff with the interface is when you power the deck off it loses its place and you have to find your place again.
2) I pause mine by hitting the cell phone mode as I don't use the BT cause the sound sucks for me. I have talked to a couple other owners who say it works great though so it might be the phone or car or who knows.
3) Not sure on this one don't want to mis inform you.
4) mine auto connected just fine with lg phone and now w/ EVO
5) see 2)
6) Yes it does have BT audio, I tried it and it sounded weird like it was in a tin can so I never really messed with it after that as I have a **** ton of ACC on my ipod that sounds awesome.
My opinion of the deck is that is sounds awesome! It has a fair amount of x over/EQ for the money as well. The downfall is the interface, it is worse than the 7000 and the 7100. For me the interface functions well enough that I don't mind it, you can download the custom background creation tool form the eclipse site and make your own all black background which makes it a WHOLE LOT easier to read and work with. This deck ain't pretty but it sounds bitchin!
Thanks for the input, man. That helps a lot.

1) That really sucks about the iPod resetting when powering the deck off. It loses what song it was playing, or just what position it was at in the directories? And that includes turning the car off I assume?

2) I pause w/BT on my 9800 now, I forgot about that lol. Totally slipped my mind that Pioneer screwed up on the 9800 with no pause button. Switching to phone is no big deal though, except the chirp that comes through the speakers gets kinda old.

I'm hoping with the install location that the glare issue wont be bad. I can't remove my stock stereo (03 accord) because it has Heat/AC controls, so I have the deck installed in a tucked away cubby hole under the stock stereo. I heard about a custom mod to improve the screen too, but I dont know if I'd want to go hacking up my deck lol. I'd probably just black it out like you suggested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts