DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i completely spaced out and forgot to check if it does or not play wav files through usb.

does anyone know?

it doesnt list it on the spec sheet but neither did pioneer or kenwood at first but they did support it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ya it definetly doesn't. I was a little pissed I figured this out after buying it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
****. that sux. that was the whole reason of getting new stereo lol

good attention to details on my part.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man this is the most dissapointing purchase i made in a long time.
theres nothing behind that flashy shiny screen of this unit.

its designed to give you just enough to want more and go out and buy the imprint.

and 200 for the stereo+ 150 for imprint thats 300-350 i can buy a top of the line kenwood that comes with all the options and ability to play WAV
AND A FRIKKIN SCREEN with backup camera option.

im really frustrated with this ****.
how can kenwood make all these badass stereos with all the options but alpine and pioneer cant.

what is going on?
who are they to decide that we allovasudden dont need any sound tuning options.
the following is exactly what pioneer told me.
theres a high pass for front and rear on most amps why do we need to put it on the deck.. that is just cutting corners where they shouldnt be cut to save a penny.

i have no choice but to go back to kenwood because neither pioneer nor alpine have all the features im looking for.

in my opinion they sound better than kenwood out of the box but with the full features kenwood can be made to sound as good and better than either of those and for alot less money.

man this is poop with shiny sticker on it.

i should have followed my gut feeling on this one.
i tested my thumbdrive on alpine idx 100 when it first came out and about 50% of my music was not supported i was kinda surprised since my 150 dollar kenwood player every single file with no problems.
and same thing happened just now.

i tested 8 different formats and only MP3 was working.
this is supposed to be a somewhat higher quality deck well how is that when it only plays lossy formats.

leaving the only option to ever play lossless through ipod. isnt that a beyaach.

alpine used to show firmware version on their units like they were ever gonna update it i remember my 9833 did and i kept looking for that update to maybe add more up to date functions...

im sure theres alpine and pioneer fans here that will disagree. and belive me i prefer sound of pioneer and alpine to kenwood myself, but the feature cutting trend these 2 companies are following made me leave their fan club for a while( mabe for good).
if there was ever pioneer 8600 or alipne 9833 with USB support and lossless support i would sell all the **** i got just to buy that unit for a reasonable price of course not for 1500 dollars(but maybe i would who knows :).

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
man this is the most dissapointing purchase i made in a long time.
theres nothing behind that flashy shiny screen of this unit.

its designed to give you just enough to want more and go out and buy the imprint.

and 200 for the stereo+ 150 for imprint thats 300-350 i can buy a top of the line kenwood that comes with all the options and ability to play WAV
AND A FRIKKIN SCREEN with backup camera option.

im really frustrated with this ****.
how can kenwood make all these badass stereos with all the options but alpine and pioneer cant.

what is going on?
who are they to decide that we allovasudden dont need any sound tuning options.
the following is exactly what pioneer told me.
theres a high pass for front and rear on most amps why do we need to put it on the deck.. that is just cutting corners where they shouldnt be cut to save a penny.

i have no choice but to go back to kenwood because neither pioneer nor alpine have all the features im looking for.

in my opinion they sound better than kenwood out of the box but with the full features kenwood can be made to sound as good and better than either of those and for alot less money.

man this is poop with shiny sticker on it.

i should have followed my gut feeling on this one.
i tested my thumbdrive on alpine idx 100 when it first came out and about 50% of my music was not supported i was kinda surprised since my 150 dollar kenwood player every single file with no problems.
and same thing happened just now.

i tested 8 different formats and only MP3 was working.
this is supposed to be a somewhat higher quality deck well how is that when it only plays lossy formats.

leaving the only option to ever play lossless through ipod. isnt that a beyaach.

alpine used to show firmware version on their units like they were ever gonna update it i remember my 9833 did and i kept looking for that update to maybe add more up to date functions...

im sure theres alpine and pioneer fans here that will disagree. and belive me i prefer sound of pioneer and alpine to kenwood myself, but the feature cutting trend these 2 companies are following made me leave their fan club for a while( mabe for good).
if there was ever pioneer 8600 or alipne 9833 with USB support and lossless support i would sell all the **** i got just to buy that unit for a reasonable price of course not for 1500 dollars(but maybe i would who knows :).
I am a Pioneer fan but i agree with you that the features are not there. Moreover Alpine and Pioneer use higher quality components in their HU's. Still its a lame excuse for not having necessary feature in there.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I partially agree. While I don't mind having seperate components for bluetooth and such the fact that it doesn't support WAV files is crazy. A freakin sound quality head unit that is promoted to be digital savy and it doesn't support the best format for SQ. Makes me scratch my head.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I love the kenwood's features. Unfortunately, the displays on the later model units completely suck. If the sun is out, I can't see them. Lol, right now I'm in the middle of a build, and still haven't picked out a HU yet.....

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
both are very well capable of producig such a unit and even for 600-700 dollars im willing to buy it and many will too.
but they dont because people will keep it and wont have to upgrade to another POS next year just to get a feature or two.

they take advantage of the fact that consumers are dumbed down and will buy anything these days, and we(consumers) dont really demand better products.
we dont defend our hard earned cash anymore cuz were buzy trying to catch that next "critically acclaimed","critics are raving","critics are peeing thair pants" tv show.

and the people that do try to stand up and demand something dont get much support,
we lost the ability to organize and win, but the people that still can organize are on top and in control.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its for sale btw lol

or trade i dont want it no more.

im gonna keep buying the cheapest alpine and pioneer model and smash it and drop it off at the store or send them to company's headquarters.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow banking wtf seriously.
now i have 3 banks with songs just thrown around with no apparent order.
and have to wait every time its banking if i want to switch to another folder.

how is a 3 year old 1/2 priced stereo can be better at handling usb music than a 300 dollar stereo claimed to be the ****.

this is sad.

kdc-x592 is what i had before and was much happier with features and interface.
my 32gb thumb drive played without a hitch, and without any "BANKING".

im just ranting here lol cuz this looked like a great stereo untill i actually started using it.

now i really want to punch it through my dash untill i dont see it no more.

im switching back to kenwood,

ill trade for a kenwood KIV unit and add some cash on top

1 - 11 of 11 Posts