DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded the new update for the CDSP with Dirac 3.0 here

Anyway ....my review is it’s badass... works excellent. No bugs yet.

Got a very sick sounding tune. Very very nice.
Sound stage even farther clutter less...

The clutter from cars stereos really hides detail badly because the reflections and such... this really does a excellent job...

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Been using 3.0 for a few weeks now, no real bugs, but a couple quirks to get used to compared to Dirac 1.0.

Launching Dirac Live from within the plug in being one of them! Doesn't recognize the DSP is connected if you open Dirac Live directly.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
What improvement did they implement vs v2.0?
2.0 and 3.0 are basically the same... There is a list of the different revisions and what was implemented on the Dirac Live Website.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I really like the 3.0 software - especially the aesthetic of the volume setting screen and the measurement screen. The diagram of the chair is very useful for me - hovering over the ‘Next’ location - and it tells you exactly what the mic position is - very helpful.

I also like the filter screen - took some getting used to (still in that process as I did a 7 channel yesterday and Ryan instructed me on the 4 groups). I’m really enjoying the results I’m getting with the new software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What they did not do which I completely thought they would have in multi channel is to make all channels have the same polarity that is to say to tune in multi channel , And have all the outputs sum to the same shape ..

So as far as the head related things it’s only on groups between left and right inputs

It kind of confused me setting up a second order filter array but I got it figure it out had to run it twice to get the results I wanted and ended up having to use a two channel box in front of it again but the end result is significantly better

Intelligibility is a massive improvement over 1.0 I can hear exactly the lyrics perfectly clearly in just about any truc intelligibility is a massive improvement over 1.0 I can hear exactly the lyrics perfectly clearly in just about any track now , like in my home system with just about any volume I want to listen ..

To me that is extremely important to have very good intelligibility the details really really pops out now ...

I’ve moved away from fourth order completely now I’m strictly second order of everything including the base management Side... that really made a massive improvement also.... The nice thing with this software you can run second order and a four-way and get pretty astonishing results long as you mind your polarities on your cross over array holy crap that’s very good .

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Subbing.

My Mercedes build is nearing completion. We have a DDRC22D and a 8x12DL installed. I plan on doing multichannel Dirac on the 8x12 and then a 2 channel Dirac on the DDRC in front of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Subbing.

My Mercedes build is nearing completion. We have a DDRC22D and a 8x12DL installed. I plan on doing multichannel Dirac on the 8x12 and then a 2 channel Dirac on the DDRC in front of that.

You’re gonna love that **** man 😉

·
Registered
973 Posts
Legend has it that if you add a third Dirac You will hit the elusive brown note, jizz will come out of your ears from the sonic Nirvana and then you die with a permanent grin on your face. Good times! 😁

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Legend has it that if you add a third Dirac You will hit the elusive brown note, jizz will come out of your ears from the sonic Nirvana and then you die with a permanent grin on your face. Good times! 😁
I actually did it..... except I tried a linear phase filter with rephase using the analog inputs on the cdsp and so it was toslink>ddrc22d >2x4hd>cdsp
So the cdsp had 4 analog inputs 2 were to bass management and 2 for highs and had filter linearization on the fir... and nothing else
It was virtually the same..the 22d seemed to take care of the phase twist good enough .... so I took it off.... the curiosity was killin me tho

·
Registered
316 Posts
Out of nowhere they bust out 3.0 after completely ignoring any requests about future updates for years. Still I'll take it and be happy with it. Makes me feel a little better about taking so long on my install. Fantastic stuff from miniDSP!

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
I actually did it..... except I tried a linear phase filter with rephase using the analog inputs on the cdsp and so it was toslink>ddrc22d >2x4hd>cdsp
So the cdsp had 4 analog inputs 2 were to bass management and 2 for highs and had filter linearization on the fir... and nothing else
It was virtually the same..the 22d seemed to take care of the phase twist good enough .... so I took it off.... the curiosity was killin me tho
My signal path will be:

iPad Pro > USB-C > RME DAC > AES digital > DDRC22D > Coaxial > CDSP > RCA analog > amps

·
Registered
218 Posts
Can you delete a tune/remove filters from Dirac 3.0?

I changed my setup and can’t figure out how to remove my old tunes.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Only way is to clear all 4 slots through the plug-in:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Damn. I’m kind of itching to try Dirac. Andy I’ve been out of the game. You’re pulling me back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts