DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Now we gonna hound Al like hell to get his install done. Shouldn't be too hard. Only thing I'd be worried about at this point is flashing the factory headunit for a clean signal but I think that's been figured out.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Glad we all made it home safe. For once I wasn't the one with the longest drive! Me and Blake should start "Team Budget Essque". Blake's little blue toaster loaded with mid-level Pioneer gear tuned by a TWK was so detailed. He had it tuned like a street race car running the best it could on a random road...not tame but not out of control either. Details and volume for days! It makes me want to give a pair of Pioneer d-series x9's a try for midrange duty if they have similar sonic characteristics.
Chris, I'm glad you made it home safely! As for trying the Pioneers, I'd leave well enough alone... I have always felt your system is one of the most natural sounding ones I've heard... for a 2-way, I think you have the crossover set perfectly as there is no perceptible gap in frequencies, everything blends beautifully!

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Chris, I'm glad you made it home safely! As for trying the Pioneers, I'd leave well enough alone... I have always felt your system is one of the most natural sounding ones I've heard... for a 2-way, I think you have the crossover set perfectly as there is no perceptible gap in frequencies, everything blends beautifully!
Thanks Eric. Natural flow with a little personality thrown in is what I always shoot for. I do have some work to do on the doors in the form of a little more vibration control and sealing the front of the speaker to the panel. Right now sound waves are bouncing around between the panel and carrier plate. Forgot that major detail on initial install and just haven't been back in to fix it yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice meeting all you fellas. Got there late but still had a blast. Got to here clay's car. And let me just say very impressive!! Big al holla at me if you need more help on the exploder lol

·
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Thanks for your help, William...I couldn't have done it without ya!

I might try to set up a local meet some weekend, maybe on a Sunday, for those who work Saturday.

·
Vendor
2,383 Posts
Ok, wow am I glad to be home, a little road weary, but the trip back was better than the ride down, lol.

I must say I woke up feeling a little ashamed of having so many veterans in attendance yesterday, on this of all weekends, and not shutting my trap long enough to raise a glass in honor of your service to our beloved country. So I will say here, sorry friends, no slight intended as I seriously enjoy this life defended by yourselves and countless other men and women who have, and continue to, make our country safe, sound, and secure against much of the world who'd love nothing more than to take it all away. Big props to every one of ya.....for reals.

Now that I shamefully got that off my chest, a big ol happy birfday, and serious gratitude to my friend Al, for not only hosting this fun filled event, but also for opening his home to me and making me feel very welcome for a couple of days, I really appreciate that.

The meet was an absolute blast, catching up with old friends, and making quite a few new ones! It was a day full of demos, food, and conversation.....definitely good times......then an after hours bullshit session of epic proportions! The stories flowed freely, of alcohol induced good times, foreign cultures, random violence and crime, and petty stupidity.....God knows I had that last one covered...lmao.

There were several good demos to be had there too! Chis came out with his cherokee, what a great platform for some good tunes. That thing sounds more and more tied down everytime I hear it Chris, great job! Jason's lil blue machine sounded excellent, with his new tune showing some serious essque chops....this car always rocks! Nick rolled out with multiple subs for demoing in his great sounding volksvagon, the bm and the hst.....beauty and the beast, me thinks.........lol, seriously, that hst has balls! Blake was busy proving budget oriented gear can certainly sound phenomenal, when ya know what you're doing....he also rolled in with a crowd of cool fellers....and chicken sammiches, BONUS!.......I enjoyed all the demos fellas! Erin shared some rather interesting plans for his civic......damn, looking forward to hearing that dood...like seriously. I'm glad Nick drug Jacob out to meet everyone, what a damn charactor! Hope he enjoyed it and turns into a regular at these things. Speaking of charactors, William (I think that's right?) Put in some serious after hours work helping al out on some power cable routing.....what a helluva guy!
Clay, once again always a sheer pleasure being able to listen to your car. And most importantly I loved our conversation about vibrations/sensations effecting your senses and how important it is to eliminate any/all outside influences to the music and let the music be the music. My doors are proof of that - even with the addition of a subwoofer - as they vibrate like crazy after a certain volume level. Yes it is much better with the addition of a subwoofer but the vibrations/buzzing is still there after a certain volume level and is a major distraction. As soon as SoundSkins sends me an invoice I'm paying it and will be armed with a plethora of vibration-eliminating ammunition to attack my doors with. :D

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Thanks Nick, I enjoyed our mid demo convo too! My cobalt's low frequency warble at idle is an excellent representation of how much information is masked around the frequency of any reverberation. I'm sure the deadening work will net pleasing results in your doors. The stronger the response, the more work will be required, don't forget mass loading techniques like the infamous "duct seal" available at lowes, my doors contain quite a bit of this goop.....lol.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts