DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

The centre 2.75”/3”channel speaker in my ’16 GLA45 AMG (Harman Kardon package) is a hot mess with anything below 60hz to the point where I believe the cone and surround have completely detached from each other.

Does anyone know of or can point me in the direction of a suitable replacement?
So far I’ve only looked at Audiofrog GS25 but I am lost when it comes to small form factor full range speakers.

Please note I am in Australia so would likely be only able to order online.

Thanks In Advance!

·
Premium Member
9,232 Posts
Hi All,

The centre 2.75”/3”channel speaker in my ’16 GLA45 AMG (Harman Kardon package) is a hot mess with anything below 60hz to the point where I believe the cone and surround have completely detached from each other.

Does anyone know of or can point me in the direction of a suitable replacement?
So far I’ve only looked at Audiofrog GS25 but I am lost when it comes to small form factor full range speakers.

Please note I am in Australia so would likely be only able to order online.

Thanks In Advance!
I don't know of a <3" driver in existence that can be run as a full range / wideband down to 60Hz with any sort of power behind it. Are you sure the factory system is playing the center down to 60Hz on a <3" driver?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yeah he's probably tricked into thinking it's playing to 60hz when it's actually just the woofers playing. There's no way that thing plays to 60hz even to 100hz.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Over here the warranty is usually 4 years 50,000 miles. If it's under warranty just take a video of the crackling/muffling sound and ask the dealer to check/fix it. Or find and bring along a CD/track that they can use to duplicate or debug the problem.
Yeah that is my last resort. I was hoping to 'upgrade' it from paper cone to something that will not delaminate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.