·
Premium Member
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Nakamichi tube amp looks interesting.

6 Channel staggered power Alpine amp should make people happy.

Kind of bummed there is no mention of an upmixer for the 16 channel wireless DSP from Alpine. Waiting for the day they update the H800 offering.

·
Premium Member
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nakamichi tube amp looks interesting.
I know I have seen photos of it before. It was sometime last year, and it prompted me to check out Nakamichi's current offerings. It appears that the Chinese company that owns the brand now is going to try to make a push back into the US. We'll see how that goes.

6 Channel staggered power Alpine amp should make people happy.
Yep. It seems like every few months you see someone post about wanting a staggered power 6 channel amp. Well, now you have it. I wonder if it will actually sell. People haven't seemed too hot on the Alpine amps since the PDX.

Kind of bummed there is no mention of an upmixer for the 16 channel wireless DSP from Alpine. Waiting for the day they update the H800 offering.
When I first saw the 16 channel DSP, I was hopeful that this was the H800 replacement I was told about at CES a couple of years ago. When I saw it was based on the same platform as the PXE-0850S, I knew it was nothing of the sort. On paper, it looks like it might be a good option for people looking to piggy-back on OE systems. I just don't see it being used to try to generate multi-channel/center/surround systems from simple two channel stereo sources.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I’d be interested in one of the larger floating screen decks but not with their current low resolutions. Stupid to have a product that emphasizes the screen and then use a poor screen.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Tube amps. Sigh........

Where are the gan class d amps?! :)

·
Premium Member
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’d be interested in one of the larger floating screen decks but not with their current low resolutions. Stupid to have a product that emphasizes the screen and then use a poor screen.
Check out the new Kenwoods. I couldn't confirm whether the new JVC units were HD or not, but the Kenwoods are.

"Kenwood’s version includes a non-navi mechless model with 10.1-inch High Resolution screen and a version with built-in Garmin navigation. Both use a double DIN chassis with a floating adjustable 1280 by 720 screen– one of the brightest on the market."

Beyond the higher resolution screen, the units themselves look pretty nice. Hopefully we'll get some higher resolution/detailed photos before the end of the week.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Thanks rton20s. I’m planning to buy a pair of 9906XR in the next month or so. Those look good but a summer release is just so far away. :)

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Thanks rton20s. I’m planning to buy a pair of 9906XR in the next month or so. Those look good but a summer release is just so far away. :)
You'll love the 9906XR, had one and will miss it in my next car (which has a head unit that cannot be replaced with aftermarket). Zero complaints with it and I'd buy another in a heartbeat if it would fit.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
The floating screens get most the press but Pioneer released a couple of modular large screens last year that need a special Metra kit for flush install on certain vehicles. The screens were SD.

This year they released the DMH-WC6600NEX 9" HD (720p) modular screen with wireless Android Auto and CarPlay. Unfortunately, still no digital out.

Luckily there is already a Metra kit for my vehicle. I really do prefer the flush mount over a floating screen. I am seriously considering this option.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
yeah the big floating screen sometimes is out of place in a retrofit/upgrade situation as there may be buttons or air vents behind or beside it. Usually it's fine for cars designed with a floating screen (example a few of the recent Benz) and they just put all the buttons and vents away from it. Or put the buttons on it lol.

·
Premium Member
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good catch Truthunter. I hadn't noticed that three of the new Pioneer units are now HD. Looks like the DMH-WC6600NEX (9" | Modular), DMH-WT7600NEX (9" | Floating) and DMH-WT8600NEX (10" | Floating) all have 720P displays. Unfortunately, none of the "standard" Double DIN units have received an HD display yet.

·
Premium Member
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Morel posted some pretty cool stuff on their FB page. Not a whole lot of detail yet.

They haven't provided any information beyond the pics that I have seen. If I had to guess... 250W x 2 @ 2 Ohms class AB. Maybe even a non-bridgeable dual mono?

Elate Carbon 9"

Someone also posted some photos of a new Carbon Integra 4" on their page that looked really interesting, but it looks like it has been scrubbed? I'm sure we'll get to see more pics and info over the next couple of days.

·
Premium Member
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sirius Intros First Aftermarket 360L Receiver

When Sirius teams up with Pandora, you know we're in for a... treat?

JVC Intros Two Advanced AV Receivers

Love your flagship Kenwood, but long for the days of low resolution resistive displays? Look no further.

KENWOOD Releases Trio of Installer Friendly, High Power Handling, Hi-Resolution Audio Certified Speakers

Kenwood wants to Hi-Res all the things. Seriously though, providing their flagship speakers with a much higher power rating is probably going to help move a lot more units. Also, the bi-amp capable passive crossovers are a nice touch.

·
Premium Member
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No pretty pictures to post, but some information on new product distribution in the US is becoming public.

ARPA looks to be taking over US distribution for the following brands in 2020...
Zapco Amplifiers
ESB Speakers
Tchernov Cables
AudioWave Amplifiers
Dynaudio Speakers
More to come...

This is straight from Scott Welch's (SQHemi) post on FB.

·
Premium Member
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Audison Ships bit One HD Virtuoso DSP

Pioneer Debuts Range of NEX In-Dash Receivers with Amazon Alexa Built-In at CES 2020

Morel's new Elate Alto Tweeter...

Morel's new Elate Carbon Line...

"CES 2020 - The Elate Carbon taking listening enjoyment to a new level. Available in 2 and 3-way systems with woofer sizes of 5.25”, 6.5” and 9”. Woofers feature Morel’s EVC motor design with hybrid neo/ferrite magnets and a huge 3” Hexatech aluminum voice coil, and carbon fiber/Rohacell cones. 3-way systems get the all new Elate MD3 3.5” midrange with a 2.1” diameter voice coil and low fs that offers a broad range, giving the systems a much more engaging sound presentation. High frequencies are handled by the new MT450. The new Elate Carbon promises to be the class leader in power handling and musicality."

The new Morel 4" Carbon Integra Nano I mentioned yesterday. Photos courtesy of Geoff Schneider.

I'm really curious how low this one will be able to play.

·
Premium Member
8,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I didn't see anything about JBL Car Audio here.

Supposedly they are bringing back the GTi high-end line with new GTi-Wxx Mk III subwoofers and a new $3500 GTi component set with Beryllium tweeters. Not sure if that includes a 3-way set but I would hope so.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts