DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I just saw some info on the new JBL component sets last night. It seems the GTi nomenclature is no more, and they are using the "Arena" name to better align with the rest of their products. Be prepared to drop some coin if you want to find out how good these things actually are. ?

JBL Intros ‘Cost is No Object’ System

Crutchfield JBL Arena Video

·
Registered
801 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Anyone know what the differences between the DMH-WT7600NEX and the DMH-WC6600NEX are? I know one is considered “floating” and the other “modular” but can’t the modular one be installed similar to floating? The specs on Pioneers site are identical.

·
Premium Member
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Anyone know what the differences between the DMH-WT7600NEX and the DMH-WC6600NEX are? I know one is considered “floating” and the other “modular” but can’t the modular one be installed similar to floating? The specs on Pioneers site are identical.
From what I can tell, these are the same unit. The 7600 has the standard mounting brackets for the floating screen and the 6600 does not. The 6600 is going to rely on custom installation of the dash kits designed by Metra in coordination with Pioneer.

·
Registered
403 Posts
This may belong in a different thread but I am interested in the change to CTA 2006 standards. Not specific product related but hopefully it will help the industry and as a result, consumers. If it shouldn't be here Admins, feel free to move or remove.
New Amplifier Standard

·
Registered
403 Posts
I haven't followed this link, but it made me chuckle... I pictured Lewis Hamilton cranking up the tunes in his F1 machine... 😂😂😂

·
Registered
403 Posts
And finally, I started a thread about the Nakamichi tube amps but nobody seems to know where to buy them yet. They're really nice looking imo but I'd really like to listen to one.

·
Registered
403 Posts
UPDATE on Nakamichi tube amps:

They are checking if the specs posted online are incorrect since both the 4 and 6 channel units have the same dimensions.

Suggested Retail Prices:

N40t: MSRP $1,649.95

N60t: MSRP $1,879.95

Let's hope that they are substantially discounted because if they want to get that kind of money for them, I expect they will sell very few.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I just saw some info on the new JBL component sets last night. It seems the GTi nomenclature is no more, and they are using the "Arena" name to better align with the rest of their products. Be prepared to drop some coin if you want to find out how good these things actually are. ?

JBL Intros ‘Cost is No Object’ System

Crutchfield JBL Arena Video
Sadly, there's still no new info that I can find regarding these new JBL components. :(

The only thing that comes up are JBL's home audio Arena-series speakers, which strangely seem to be a very budget line. ???

It seems very odd to me that JBL would use that same "ARENA" nomenclature to represent their ultimate High-End car audio components as well as their budget, entry-level home audio speakers. :confused:

I was hoping to have a chance to check these out by now. Like just about everything, I'm guessing that the Pandemic has delayed the production and release of these.

But it's still a bit odd that there is absolutely no more information about these other than those two links that you provided just after CES 2020.

Hoping the new Kenwood eXcelon Reference head units release soon as well. Indications are a late August/early September release.

Unfortunately, after two full model updates of these flagship TOTL models, it doesn't look as if Kenwood has addressed many of the issues I'm personally at odds with regarding the GUI and functionality.

They are still amazing head units, and better in many regards than nearly any other manufacturer, but these could easily be PERFECT with just a few basic changes.

It's interesting and/or telling that Kenwood disabled the Comments Section on their recent YouTube videos regarding the new 2020 flagship eXcelon Reference models.

About the only thing I see that they have really updated and improved (which really IS a welcome change) is the capability for HD camera inputs for the front/rear/side/dashcam video cameras.

I get that composite video is simple, cheap, and ubiquitous, but come on, it's 2020. So, good on Kenwood for that!

I'll leave it at that for now.

Cheers, and stay safe out there!

·
Premium Member
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I haven't heard anything else on the JBL front either. I did see someone post the same tired CES photo of the upcoming DSP in one of the FB groups the other day. But, there was no new information to go along with it.

I also seem to recall that Dean from 5 Star mentioned the new GTi (Arena?) subwoofer in one of his videos with a slated timeline for a 2021 availability, but that was pre-COVID. Like you, I assume the impact from the pandemic may push back production/releases from most brands.

As far as Kenwood goes, I am right there with you. While not perfect, they seem to be the best we've got right now. They continue to be my "go to" and I am still rocking my DDX9905S with no plans to change. (Unless I get the latest model and drop the 9905 into my wife's car. ;) ) I haven't seen anything from any of the other HU brands (including Stinger) that makes me want to jump ship.

I'll be installing a DMX4707S in my father-in-law's 2014 F150 this weekend. So, this will be my chance to see how Kenwood does on the lower end of the price/features end of the spectrum. I was all set to go with the "proven" ILX-W650, but figured I would go ahead and guinea pig the $300 Kenwood instead. With a similar interface to my 9905, it should make things a little easier on me if I need to do some remote trouble shooting down the line. :D

Reactions: bbfoto
21 - 32 of 32 Posts