DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How might a sealed single JL Audio CS113TG-TW5v2 poweredge compare SQ-wise to a single sealed W3v3 powerwedge that I already own (JL Audio CS112RG-W3v3) in terms of low-end output using 500w RMS at 2 ohm/Pioneer GM-D9605? In a 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Calligraphy edition, Harman Kardon OEM 12-speaker entertainment system. Sub must fit under in the large storage compartment measuring 31" x 30" x 7" deep/height - under the false floor. Will upgrade the amp from the Pioneer to an Alpine S-A60M 600W RMS 2 ohms plus an AudioControl Epicenter Micro with line out converter built in.

I understand this is subjective and my definitions may differ from yours, but for example, playing Daft Punk” Doin’ It Right” on my W3v3, on the third bass drop at :26 the bass is incredibly deep, buttery, clean and still makes the hair on my head move a bit. Same description for the kick drum in Diana Ross's "I'm Coming Out"- thump but with a buttery low end that envelopes you. Might I expect the same from a single sealed TW5 powerwedge? Or maybe the TW3 - I've read a few comments that the TW3 "sounds" a little deeper? Thanks in advance- Bill.

· Registered
128 Posts
i have both. i have 2 10tw3 in a sealed box not only do they take more power but they hit hard, lower and take my power all while sounding very clean. look up my video on youtube. tundra 10tw3 subwoofers. they wv3 is ok but does not take much power and doesnt get low at all feels like just a oversized midbass

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Everyone, for all the responses.

Dr.johnmmartin, I think I already saw your YT video and could “see” how hard they hit; but of course I really can’t determine the low bass extension.

I had a different experience with the W3 Powerwedge: hard, low bass extension using 500w RMS and it never got sloppy or sounded labored nor distorted. It just won’t fit where I need it to in my new ride. While our definitions of hard, low bass may differ, if you think the Tw3 sounds lower than the Wv3 that’s saying something.

I’m already leaning to a 12TW3, maybe even two of them. Thanks for the nudge. It’ll take a while before I get them but will post my review for community benefit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.