DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I gotta laugh. I just got back from the hardware store with two caps for my tweeters. Then I found this article. Great minds think alike. :laugh:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Damn, why didn't I think of something like this years ago?? Great idea, I do believe I will use this over and over again! Thank you very much!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Sorry James, I did not see your name there. I have just finished doing this to my C4, and the difference is quite dramatic. It raises the sound stage so that the sound is right there.

Well done.
No problem. Here's new ones with Vifa XT25's

hey i have a set of LPG what is the correct size end caps for these tweets?

thx,

Mike
Just take one with you to lowes/hd and see what fits ;)

·
Registered
251 Posts
well just got back from lowes and hd, from what i can tell the closet size for my LPG's is 1.5" end cap, but its a lil too small. does anyone know if they make a 1.75" end cap it would be a bigger in my opinion but i can wrapped them and they should fit shug.

Mike has anyone tried this technique with a large format tweeter?

·
Registered
455 Posts
well just got back from lowes and hd, from what i can tell the closet size for my LPG's is 1.5" end cap, but its a lil too small. does anyone know if they make a 1.75" end cap it would be a bigger in my opinion but i can wrapped them and they should fit shug.

Mike has anyone tried this technique with a large format tweeter?

No 1.75" caps.
Use 2" and make a ring from plastic or mdf. ;)
hint: hole saws are your friend...

·
Registered
251 Posts
oh ok i was also thinkin could the inner wall of the cap be sanded or grinded down a lil to make them fit?

Mike

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nope - no 1.75" available. However, if you're so inclined, you could find a local irrigation supply place. They'll have more types of pvc: schedule 40, schedule 80, class 200, class 315. These have slightly different wall thicknesses and inside diameters - one of which might possibly fit your tweet.

Otherwise, stepping up to a 2" - like mentioned earlier - might be your best bet.

BTW......this is a cool idea.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
No problem. Here's new ones with Vifa XT25's

Just take one with you to lowes/hd and see what fits ;)
Damn it now I can't blame my install on the size of this tweeter, you made it look good/
Edit: Oh wait are these the xt25's? Theydon't look big enough.

21 - 40 of 345 Posts