DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be getting a beat up single cab s10 and I am wanting to see just how many 8s I can fit in it.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
looking for cheap or just not expensive?

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
does the truck have buckets or bench seat? if it has buckets, i would make a box for a pair of 8" or a single 10" that goes between there.

how much power do you plan to run? what kind sound you want?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly I'm going for the cheapest way out. Kinda thinking like a super shallow wall with just a bunch of 8s and a the cheapest amp I can find to power all of them. Like I'm looking to fit like 15+ 8s in a sealed wall sound stupid I know

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
that is not the cheapest way out. even if you got cheap $50 8" drivers, that is like $750+ in 8" subs, lol. buy one decent 10" for $150 and a decent amp for $200 and you will spend less and sound better.

BTW, you will never get 15 8"s behind a standard cab s-10. not to mention that a "cheap" amplifier will not push that many subs anyway

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like challenges:) humor me. I remember seeing somewhere a brand name like pup something and they were like 10 bucks a sub

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
whatever blows your hair back, man. garbage in garbage out. just because you have ALOT of garbage wont make it better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I understand different strokes fir different folks, but I can't remember the name of that damn company it's bugging me

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Keep in mind that you might be able to physically fit all of the drivers back there, but regardless of quality, it will sound like garbage because each sub needs a calculated amount of airspace, which you cannot possibly provide in the back of a pickup truck.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
Keep in mind that you might be able to physically fit all of the drivers back there, but regardless of quality, it will sound like garbage because each sub needs a calculated amount of airspace, which you cannot possibly provide in the back of a pickup truck.
[sarcasm]nah, just stick the magnet to the back of the truck and wire it! enclosures are for suckers![/sarcasm]

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Like I said I like a challenge. And if theyre in a sealed enclosure I think I couldnfitnem
Whether or not that is the case, that doesn't mean it is a viable idea. It's your prerogative, but speculating about it like this is rather pointless. Measure the space, and you'll know how many will "fit". Simple as that.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Amazon.com: Pyramid WX81X 8-Inch 300 Watt Subwoofer: Electronics

I have used the 10s in these for cheap IB, quads, and they work fine on low power. It was an older version though. There is also a poly cone version and PE carries them and also shows the TS specs if you are making an enclosure. I imagine the specs are very similar paper or poly. I used the older poly in a box they were fine. In a larger ported/sealed ( I used 2cf per 10 to get low) or IB they could only handle about 60-75rms off a 12v rated amp, so maybe 75-100rms max with CEA amp. Yes you need more of them to get some output, but they did work quite well for my use considering the price. Using all 8s will be more of a bumper, more SPL. Just buy a used class D kenwood, cheap and work well like the 8104D, 9104D, 8105, 9105, etc. In a box it didn't matter but IB the paper version sounded better.

You might also consider the pyle/lanzar/diablo flat 10/12s on amazon some are under $40 each. I also have bought from this place the shipping is cheaper the more you get so it can be a good deal: 8" Subwoofers
Sometimes that stuff comes up on ebay too, but sometimes it is more expensive there make sure you check.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The JBL GTO804 is hard to beat for around 50-60 bucks. I have heard a pair sealed and was pretty shocked by the amount of output they had.

I would also look into the Alpine type-r 8... a lot of people are raving about it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts