DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I've been waiting on to start my install - Match UP 7DSP! Came in today and can't believe the size of this thing considering all what it does! It's so small I plan on mounting it behind the glove box in my Mazda 6. Should start this weekend. Super excited! Anybody use one of these yet? Thoughts? Tips?

Attachments

·
Registered
17,867 Posts
You're late to the party! Yeah, these things are pretty sweet. The BMW specific one is by the the best price to performance ratio product on the car audio market i have ever used. mounts on the oem amps bracket, plug and play, 7 channels that total to 650(?) watts, Helix dsp, upmixer for the center channel, 15 minute install, less than a thousand bucks. cant beat it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Can these Match dsp/amps be used to power a non-OEM system using line-level from an aftermarket HU?

If so, can you program the dsp from a laptop like a regular Helix?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can these Match dsp/amps be used to power a non-OEM system using line-level from an aftermarket HU?

It can be used with non-oem hu but no line level input... only speaker level. And yes you tune it just like a Helix. In fact it uses the same software.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I wonder why they wouldn't include line-level inputs?? Seems like such a "common" way of connecting things like this.

I've always heard that line-level inputs were the "cleanest" way to go - is it really not such a big deal to use speaker-level inputs?

Besides the lack of the line-level inputs, it seems like a really nice device.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder why they wouldn't include line-level inputs?? Seems like such a "common" way of connecting things like this.

I've always heard that line-level inputs were the "cleanest" way to go - is it really not such a big deal to use speaker-level inputs?

Probably because OEM integration... Very few OEM radios have low level outputs but probably most if not all have high level and these days the audio system is tied to so much more than just audio. For many of us the OEM has our hands tied! Thank goodness for companies like Match and Helix!

Just wondering... is a LOC only one way? Meaning high to low level. Could you hook it up opposite and it do the opposite? I realize this is a stupid question because why would you ever want to convert a clean low level signal to high level. I only ask because a previous poster said he has low level only.

·
Registered
17,867 Posts

Yes, and yes.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,867 Posts

Because it's an integration piece. And line level, high level, doesnt matter. One isnt cleaner than the other. They're both analog just different voltage ranges. You can always use an aux in HEC (or in this case, MEC) card and have some sort of low level analog in that way.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Because it's an integration piece. And line level, high level, doesnt matter. One isnt cleaner than the other. They're both analog just different voltage ranges. You can always use an aux in HEC (or in this case, MEC) card and have some sort of low level analog in that way.

Interesting. I've always read that you're better off using line-level instead of speaker level. I thought the reason stated was less chance of noise-reated issues, but can't remember for sure off-hand.

Learn something new every day. :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
The Match lineup from Audiotec Fischer is an OEM integration line. Because of that they have only high level (and aux) inputs.

I have been running one in my Kia Optima for a year now and I love it for what is in the package. I am running it all on the front stage with a BLAM 3 way set for each side, and a 3" Wideband center and using the processed pre-out for the sub amp and woofer. Has all of the output I need for sure, and both amps fit in less space than the factory amplifier.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are these features new and unique to this model or do all Helix/Match DSP units have these features? Any to stay away from?

RealCenter
The “RealCenter” feature is an algorithm, developed by Audiotec Fischer, that emphasizes the music information which is present in both the left and right front channel to create an unique center signal. In contrast to common procedures in which only the channels are summed up, the intensity of the center signal is also dynamically controlled by the stereophonic informational content of the left and right channel. Sounds complicated but this effect is astonishing: That means if solely the left or right channel delivers an audio signal, the center channel will not reproduce a signal. In the case of common algorithms, the volume level of the center channel is only reduced by 6 dB (= half volume level).
Audiotec Fischer’s “RealCenter” allows a unique, broadened sound staging for both driver and co-driver at the same time! Therefore, the disadvantages of a conventional center channel such as an intrusive, small sound stage are things of the past.

Augmented Bass Processing
Audiotec Fischer’s proprietary “Augmented Bass Processing”, consisting of the two revolutionary sound features “Dynamic Bass Enhancement” and “SubXpander”, has been especially developed to dramatically improve the bass reproduction of subwoofers.
The “Dynamic Bass Enhancement” ingeniously combines maximum deep bass and highest sound pressure – regardless of the music style or the tone controls in the head unit. Depending on the input signal, the “Dynamic Bass Enhancement” gains the lower frequency range and varies the cut-off frequency of the subsonic filter. The result is a significantly more powerful and deeper bass response at low and medium volume levels without the risk of overloading the subwoofer, neither mechanically nor electrically at high volume levels. It is simply fascinating which bass performance is suddenly possible.
If you want an even lower and “darker” bass reproduction, the “SubXpander” can be additionally activated. Therefore, subharmonic tones are added to the fundamental tones in the frequency range between 50 and 100 Hz.

StageXpander
Depending on the speaker arrangement in the vehicle, a more or less wide stereo sound stage can be created at the front seats. A center speaker may limit the spatial reproduction of the music additionally. This is where Audiotec Fischer’s new “StageXpander” comes into play – a sound feature which seems to break the acoustic limitations and thus allows to create a way broader stereo base without negatively affecting the precision of the localization of voices or instruments!
The effect can be adjusted according to your personal preferences in four steps.

ClarityXpander
You are looking for more transparency and substance in the treble reproduction? With the “ClarityXpander” Audiotec Fischer is now offering the right tool.
Properly adjusted (and therefore selectable in three steps) the feature adds additional harmonics in the upper frequency range – this is especially useful if the original speakers lack some brilliance in the treble response. The extra treble-kick is not only available for the two front channels but also separately adjustable for the center channel.
Even better – the center channel allows to activate an automatic and dynamic control so that music with “loads” of treble doesn’t fatigue your hearing.

·
Registered
17,867 Posts
Are these features new and unique to this model or do all Helix/Match DSP units have these features? Any to stay away from?

RealCenter
The “RealCenter” feature is an algorithm, developed by Audiotec Fischer, that emphasizes the music information which is present in both the left and right front channel to create an unique center signal. In contrast to common procedures in which only the channels are summed up, the intensity of the center signal is also dynamically controlled by the stereophonic informational content of the left and right channel. Sounds complicated but this effect is astonishing: That means if solely the left or right channel delivers an audio signal, the center channel will not reproduce a signal. In the case of common algorithms, the volume level of the center channel is only reduced by 6 dB (= half volume level).
Audiotec Fischer’s “RealCenter” allows a unique, broadened sound staging for both driver and co-driver at the same time! Therefore, the disadvantages of a conventional center channel such as an intrusive, small sound stage are things of the past.

Audiotec Fischer’s proprietary “Augmented Bass Processing”, consisting of the two revolutionary sound features “Dynamic Bass Enhancement” and “SubXpander”, has been especially developed to dramatically improve the bass reproduction of subwoofers.
The “Dynamic Bass Enhancement” ingeniously combines maximum deep bass and highest sound pressure – regardless of the music style or the tone controls in the head unit. Depending on the input signal, the “Dynamic Bass Enhancement” gains the lower frequency range and varies the cut-off frequency of the subsonic filter. The result is a significantly more powerful and deeper bass response at low and medium volume levels without the risk of overloading the subwoofer, neither mechanically nor electrically at high volume levels. It is simply fascinating which bass performance is suddenly possible.
If you want an even lower and “darker” bass reproduction, the “SubXpander” can be additionally activated. Therefore, subharmonic tones are added to the fundamental tones in the frequency range between 50 and 100 Hz.

StageXpander
Depending on the speaker arrangement in the vehicle, a more or less wide stereo sound stage can be created at the front seats. A center speaker may limit the spatial reproduction of the music additionally. This is where Audiotec Fischer’s new “StageXpander” comes into play – a sound feature which seems to break the acoustic limitations and thus allows to create a way broader stereo base without negatively affecting the precision of the localization of voices or instruments!
The effect can be adjusted according to your personal preferences in four steps.

ClarityXpander
You are looking for more transparency and substance in the treble reproduction? With the “ClarityXpander” Audiotec Fischer is now offering the right tool.
Properly adjusted (and therefore selectable in three steps) the feature adds additional harmonics in the upper frequency range – this is especially useful if the original speakers lack some brilliance in the treble response. The extra treble-kick is not only available for the two front channels but also separately adjustable for the center channel.
Even better – the center channel allows to activate an automatic and dynamic control so that music with “loads” of treble doesn’t fatigue your hearing.
these features are on all of their newer processors. As far as any to stay away from.. nothing listed is a gimmick. You just have to know how/when to use them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

RealCenter

StageXpander

ClarityXpander
these features are on all of their newer processors. As far as any to stay away from.. nothing listed is a gimmick. You just have to know how/when to use them.

Drop1 lives less than an hour away and hoping he’ll help me out with the tune!!! HOPING...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Any experience with "Realcenter"?

Curious if it is able to upmix without collapsing stage width...

·
Registered
17,867 Posts
Any experience with "Realcenter"?

Curious if it is able to upmix without collapsing stage width...
A little experience. It is a true upmixer and the center info, when real center is activated, does not play far left and far right. So no stage collapsing

1 - 20 of 32 Posts