DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Any experience with "Realcenter"?

Curious if it is able to upmix without collapsing stage width...
I have set up a LOT of systems using RealCenter. It works extremely well for tuning a multi-seat car. The upmixer does not affect the left and right channels at all, although you can use StageExpander to add some width to the stage since the RealCenter solidifies the center. I have pretty much only used it in BMW installs. I'm not sure why that is the case, but it seems to work really well there.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I have set up a LOT of systems using RealCenter. It works extremely well for tuning a multi-seat car. The upmixer does not affect the left and right channels at all, although you can use StageExpander to add some width to the stage since the RealCenter solidifies the center. I have pretty much only used it in BMW installs. I'm not sure why that is the case, but it seems to work really well there.
When using RealCenter for multi-seat tune, is everything time aligned to the middle point between the 2 seats?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Reviving an old thread. Would the Match PP 10E-P subwoofer plug into this the system 2 harness connector, is that a direct fit?

I currently have a M 5DSP but would like to know if this UP7 DSP would be a better amp for it. Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Reviving an old thread. Would the Match PP 10E-P subwoofer plug into this the system 2 harness connector, is that a direct fit?

I currently have a M 5DSP but would like to know if this UP7 DSP would be a better amp for it. Thanks
Don't quote me but the Match PP 62DSP & 86DSP will definitely work with Match PP sub. Don't know if it will work with the UP 7DSP because that connector also houses the center channel output and I'm not sure the 10E-P sub harness has allowed for this? Maybe reach out to Doug Dobson (I think his user name is DobSlob or something close to that). I am going to be selling the UP 7DSP if your interested... it never got past mock-up!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Don't quote me but the Match PP 62DSP & 86DSP will definitely work with Match PP sub. Don't know if it will work with the UP 7DSP because that connector also houses the center channel output and I'm not sure the 10E-P sub harness has allowed for this? Maybe reach out to Doug Dobson (I think his user name is DobSlob or something close to that). I am going to be selling the UP 7DSP if your interested... it never got past mock-up!
Thanks for this. I think what you said makes sense, I'm trying to get one more active channel going that can support the PP10E-P. I currently have the M5 DSP driving five active channels, and using the line out to a Arc Audio mini 2 channel. I found this PP10E-10 for a good deal and want to integrate into the system.

Out of curiousity what would you be asking for the UP7?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks for this. I think what you said makes sense, I'm trying to get one more active channel going that can support the PP10E-P. I currently have the M5 DSP driving five active channels, and using the line out to a Arc Audio mini 2 channel. I found this PP10E-10 for a good deal and want to integrate into the system.

Out of curiousity what would you be asking for the UP7?

Let me add to my previous reply... the PP10E-10 will work just fine with the UP7. It just won't plug and play (that's what the PP stands for). You'll have to connect the wire ends (amp output to sub wires) yourself.

$675

·
Registered
35 Posts
Let me add to my previous reply... the PP10E-10 will work just fine with the UP7. It just won't plug and play (that's what the PP stands for). You'll have to connect the wire ends (amp output to sub wires) yourself.

$675
I was thinking I could cut up the wire for this, but I didn't know for sure. While I am interested in the amp it is too pricey for me right now, so I could only offer you a cash and trade back, which I doubt you would have any interest in. I'm not going to lowball you as I know these are quality amps.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I was thinking I could cut up the wire for this, but I didn't know for sure. While I am interested in the amp it is too pricey for me right now, so I could only offer you a cash and trade back, which I doubt you would have any interest in. I'm not going to lowball you as I know these are quality amps.
Thanks but not interested in trades. Sorry. Good luck with your system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks but not interested in trades. Sorry. Good luck with your system.

$675
If you are serious about selling...send me a PM and we can chat.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts