DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Well for 1 if your planning on trying to match the sensetivities together than level matching will do that easy enough.

If your doing a 2 way system then the lowermidrange to midbass is severly lacking and be it a 6" driver that dosent look very good to me......just not so ideal for a 2 way.

Other than that, midrange response looks nice, good upper extension, horrible lower extension for a 6" driver, only 2mm xmax, and high sensitivity...........

If going for a 3way the driver looks pretty good.....but 2way bla, it is a midrange though, but being a 6" i think it could have a lower extension.

·
Registered
32 Posts
remeber with horns your can cross over usually from 1000-1500, some go as low as 500. So really you are looking for something that plays better midbass and can extend to 2k or so unless you want something to play higher so you can swap out the horns someday.

The ca18rnx i think is a good choice. Just make sure you are matching you levels corretly.Personally i might prefer the Brother driver,i think la18rnx? Its very similar ony it has the aluminum cone. Slightly better detail and lower extension, but it breaks up after about 2k. But again with horns you usually cross over much lower than 2k so youll be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.