DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting here on a beautiful, slightly cooler day in Sacramento, in the shade. Of course I still have Max AC on 3 out of 4 馃檪

So I have been beating the system, to one notch below those quick little red blips on clip indicator on the bass knob.

Try as I might, but because of the refresh rate of the voltage gauge, vs. the camera, I can't get all the numbers to show in one shot ! Doh ! That would be a little misleading anyway, as I have actually gotten it to drop to 14 volts, which I think is still freaking awesome 馃檪
While driving right now, with the stereo at full tilt, it's holding 14.4 volts.

Who needs a second battery ?

Oh, and amplifier temps hovering between 95 and 105.... Smooth sailing 馃檪

Whoo hoo 馃檪 Best setup I've ever had.

Oh, and that song !!! 馃槻 Crazy 20-25 hz bass, crystal clear mids / highs. Fantastic demo song 馃槈 Every system should be able to blur your vision between 20-25 hz 馃槈馃憤

Premium Member
Does this mean the capacitor is installed?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Does this mean the capacitor is installed?
Nope. This is without it. And obviously the supercaps could only help. But I still don't know if a voltage gauge (at least mine) is going to show me a difference, as it's only the micro second dips it's going to fix anyway. And my voltage gauge doesn't refresh fast enough to show that anyway.

Registered
2013 VW CC
What voltage gauge are you using? And what amp and subs? I wish mine held at 14.4v If it鈥檚 hot out it forget about it. Lol I can make mine dip into the 13s in a matter of seconds

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
What voltage gauge are you using? And what amp and subs? I wish mine held at 14.4v If it鈥檚 hot out it forget about it. Lol I can make mine dip into the 13s in a matter of seconds
I don't even remember the brand anymore. I got it from Summit Racing more than 10 years ago.

My amps are a Wolfram 2400.1 and a Skar 4 ch, running at 150 x 4.

But hey, like I say, my voltage is effected much more by how hot the weather is, than it is by the stereo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts