DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any Chinese with embedded Android HU owner knows if it is posible to get digital USB audio from those units?

I know Android 5.0 and later versions has native USB audio support, and all this Android HU's are v. 4-4.4, but with "USB Audio Player Pro" app is posible to have digital USB audio on older versions (even 3.1 I guess).

Despite build quality and lack of customer support, they are pretty cheap, and could be a convenient solution in some cases.

My only concern is:
1) It is posible to attach a usb thumb drive (using a hub if there aren't at least two usb ports), and still have usb audio out from other port (with USB Audio Player App) ?

And taking this opportunity,
2) Do you know if default launcher of these units can be changed? (I would like to use "Automate" app as default launcher).

·
Registered
580 Posts
I've not read good things about them. It may be different now but it used to be an Android emulator running on an old Windows OS. Sound quality was bad and it took up to 3 minutes to boot. I like the idea but it seems we got a cheap Chinese headunit they cobbled together to fill a market. On the surface it looks cool but does not perform well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.