DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided against a line driver and to buy a DSP ....adding to my setup for eq options.... I don't have any experience with DSPs ...I've been trying to read up a lot, but it's hard to find too much info or availability for the DSPs i have heard about ie. P-dsp C-dsp Mosconi 6to8 Arc PS8........Where should I start and who should I talk to about buying one. I'm not friends with any dealers for high end audio equipment.....any help is appreciated..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i heard the ms-8 auto tunes....and maybe thats what I need at this point in the game....but I would like to be able to learn EQ options and whatever else DSP's offer.....basically how to tune manually ....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Close to fort dix ...grew up in basking ridge...however im moving to Sacramento soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Remember that DSP stands for digital sound processing. Determine what you need to do to your signal before it hits your amps. Do you need crossovers with steep slopes? Time alignment? Auto tune or the ability to eq manually? The number of eq bands and the ability to adjust the Q of each band? Try downloading the manuals for the DSPs that you've heard about. That may give you a better idea of what they can do and what you're looking for.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya know im a noob and i don't know exactly what i need for my setup i want to get sumn nice and tinker and research and learn while at the same time developing a better sound

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dude i just told someone else as soon as im about to move i start finding out about audio guys in nj .... Im hoping i can find some solid connections in Sacramento

·
Registered
48 Posts
Def download as many manuals as you can. Check out all the different options. Almost every manufacturer uses or has a stand alone DSP. I'd start with Alpine, JBL, JL Audio, Rockford, and Audison just to get an idea of what's out there. There's even better stuff coming out in the next several months.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
K ya ill try read up some more .... Ive been looking at the c-dsp and like its options little expensive but i don't think its sumn i would ever need to get rid of ...neways i have no clue how u go bout scoring one of these things

1 - 11 of 11 Posts