DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've been searching around for some ideas on what would be the right fit for my setup.

I have a Tacoma Access Cab truck and I'd like to use the space behind either the passenger seat or driver's seat for a smaller 10" box like the BB10-64S. For me this is the ideal size where I can still use some of the space in the back.

I've already ordered the amp, it's the JL RD900/5 and I'm trying to decide on the right subwoofer to get the most out of the space and the 500w.

Originally I was thinking of ordering the 10W3v3-2 however the more I read about the 10W6v3-D4, the more it sounds like the perfect sub for what I'm searching for. The price however, is just way more than I can justify spending right now, especially in CDN dollars here.

Would love to know if anyone has suggestions on something less expensive that can give me a similar performance of the 10W6 or is the $850 CDN price really worth it for the performance it offers?

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
318 Posts
There is rss265ho-44 i believe that one requires a larger box. I didnt see that the amp was 500 @2ohm. Theres a bunch of threads on the daytons and i remember one user being happy with the ho44 in his taco. I use the ho-4’s in my taco and am happy but giving them more power

·
Registered
318 Posts

last page has the review but lots of info in the thread

1 - 7 of 7 Posts