DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I looking to buy A new 2 compo sp's for front.
So I made some Google research and looked over the forum (I like to make A little reseach firstly)
I just want you (please) to point to the best model of the below.
You dont need to do anything other that look at the options and point to the ones you think at the best.

Infinity Kappa 60.11 (old model - should it be A factor?)

Focal 165AS

Focal PS165 v1

Budget: 200$ at most

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi,

If I can have the Infinity Kappa 60.11 (brand new from eBay) in 110$?
While the Focal PS165 v1 is 165$ in eBay,

The price of the Focal PS165 v1 on Amazon is un-reasonable.

P.S: an old model (the Kappa) - is it a factor in picking a model?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Focal ps165v1
Others mentioned are not even close.
Can you think/remember A model that might be at the area of quality of the PS 165 V1?
Bc's I did not took in consideration the shipping cost (they do 195$ on eBay or 373$ on Amazon)
I really think that I can be satisfied with An avarge quality ... I have A morel Maximo - do you agree with me that they are basic?
So I want A noticeable upgrade - not updarding from 3 grade if quality to 8 grade.
I am not looking for the top of the line in this price range.

My amp: Hertz HDP4

Thank you!

·
Registered
204 Posts
?????
Are you just looking for some tunes that sound good shiped cheap on a budget? It seems like you would be happy with a Sub $100 system. Are at all technical? If you have some install skills, I think rolling your own would be the best way to go.

Check out the orion XTR "midbass" I think as of now, its very similar to the voicing of the focal woofer. And just add in a good tweeter. I'm partial to the $8.00 Vifa on Parts Express right now. Almost all good pioneer decks and JVC's have Network mode with dsp. SO anyone can get into HiFi on the cheap.

If those are a bit expensive? Madisound I think has some great drivers on sale. Another home speaker builder Really liked them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
mickey503
l am not sure if you got it right...

• I do not want to do DIY
  • I do not looking for A subwoofer.
Can you please recommend on manufacturer models?

Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
mickey503
l am not sure if you got it right...

• I do not want to do DIY
  • I do not looking for A subwoofer.
Can you please recommend on manufacturer models?

Thanks
I thought the original poster Compo was looking for speakers?
You misunderstood when imickey said a "Sub $100 system" he meant <$100

·
Registered
10 Posts
I thinking to make a u-turn...re-thinking

After all i probably missing the mid-tones, more DEEP tones.
* I dont have a problem with lack of bass.

Maybe a better idea would be a 6*9 speakers?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The reality is that;
If you are setting a limit of $200.00 (with shipping included), then you are not going to get a set of component speakers that will be a noticable improvement over your existing Morel Maximo's.

Probably not what you wanted to hear... but I might as well tell it like it is. None of the speakers you have listed (or anything in that price range), will be an appreciable upgrade.

If you really feel like you need to try a different set, then I would say that the Focal PS165-V1 would be the best option.

·
Registered
200 Posts
These posts are schizophrenic. Will the real poster please stand up and is this a case of multiple alt accounts. Not sure what account you're logged into?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
These posts are schizophrenic. Will the real poster please stand up and is this a case of multiple alt accounts. Not sure what account you're logged into?
Does seem like there are two different people (Compo & tzevi) asking about the same thing...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi

First of all: by mistake I logged in through gmail...When ever I noticed it I just chose A nick name without finding the passord that was not stored for some reason (on 1password app...).
Although I do not see it too important :)
So after I explained the whole story, can I ask you and advice with you about adding A 6/9 instead of replacing to model that would give me A small upgrade, if any upgrade.

Probably not what you wanted to hear... but I might as well tell it like it is. None of the speakers you have listed (or anything in that price range), will be an appreciable upgrade.
As been told, it aint relvant ... I want to advice regarding the 6\9.

Thank you

·
Registered
200 Posts
Adding 6x9's in the back may make it feel like it's louder overall, but what you could probably use is eq and level matching. This is assuming the door mounted woofers are solid mounted and the back wave isn't messing up the bass from the woofers

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is assuming the door mounted woofers are solid mounted and the back wave isn't messing up the bass from the woofers
I will make A wood plate at the same shape of this "shelf" above the back door.
I will install the 9*6 on the new wood shelf.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Good luck. Hope everything works out for you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts