DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am thinking about going back to a class D full range for ease of install...I have now added a sub again so its not as crucial for my mid/high amp to be as clean as this one.

I got this new and until last week it was still in its factory shrink wrap...#00023 made.

The amp is made with some of the same parts and technology as the Mcintosh amps and it is a very clean amp. Its rated at 75 x 2 but it sounds more like 125 or more...sounds much better than the BB150.4 I had in the car which was rated at 140 x 2

defintely one of the nicer amps I have tried..

If I cant sell this for what I need out of it then I will keep it. I just think its too nice to go under my seat and get scratched up.

its perfect and has less than 6hrs use on it..

$200 shipped. comes with manual and original box and everything..warranty cards or whatever it had when it was 1997.

this is a rare amp and thats no lie..

pm me if you want to make an offer so we can keep the thread clean...

PWM power supply
75 x 2 @ 4ohms 20hz-20hz @ 0.02% thd
variable freq. low pass x over 50-200khz -24db/oct
bass extender circuit 0-12 db boost at 50hz
dynamic output control
variable input gain control
2ohm stable in stereo
ground loop isolation circuit
overheating and speaker lead protection
turn on mute circuit
top mounted controls

Amp has the power guard feature which lowers output when it becomes distorted...I have yet to make this amp distort.

it also has a built in cooling fan and gold plated terminals..

mint shape...

I will get more pis if someone is interested ..for now all I have are the ones before i unwrapped it..

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
all wire connections are on one side...other side has fan and bass boost switch...

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wowee

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Must go for sure so make an offer and see what happens

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that I won a 6 channel jl audio amp this must go. Its a great amp but I must pass it on. $175 now

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
175 gets it

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
amp is on hold for my good buddy ollschool who has a mate for this one...he knows what this amp is about. too bad you guys dont...

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bump just for the heck of it.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok bumping just in meantime while my boy gets back to me

it will be $150 shipped and thats a steal on an amp you never see on ebay..and this one was factory new until i popped off the shiny plastic...

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
made around same time that Clarion took over Mcintosh and made the drx9255 ...this amp is not a rebadged mac amp but it has some of the same technology

when it senses distortion it backs down off the power...I have yet to have it do that to me...that would be the "power guard" feature off the mac amps...

"ollschool" on here is more familiar...

you never see these for sale as they werent as mass produced.

this one was 100% new until I opened the box...#23 made in the production run..in 1997

also has top mounted controls where on the lesser models there was a graphic instead of actual controls...

these are also much heavier than the plan non "G" model....maybe the G stood for Guard equiped..I dont know....

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bump

1 - 12 of 12 Posts