DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I called this ad on Craigslist just a few minutes ago (949 area code) and the seller confimed the unit is a DRX not a DRZ. He wants $450 and it comes with everything (as he says) He said he took it out of his Jag as he recently purchased a Benz and didn't want to mess with the factory system. I was asking some questions about the unit to get a feel for the guy if this was legit or otherwise (never know about stolen goods on Craigslist)but he spoke about a few other items he has for sales from his system and some Focal componets that he was running from the Clarion unit so it does seem ligit.

So, bottom line while I was going to launder some cash (can't let the wife know about this :cool: )to buy a DRZ at this price - I just don't think I am sure about buying this older DRX unit (He said he did have it sent in for repair about a year ago) so I do still think this is a great unit at a great price. I beleive it's a 20 bit DAC compared to a 24 Bit DAC in the DRZ, also less processing abilities but the same warm sound that the DRZ has since it shares most of the other attributes with the DRZ: Copper chassis, seperate DC-DC and other items under the hood.

This won't last long with all of the So Cal folk on here. Seach Craigslist in OC, search term "Clarion" as his subject does not contain the full model #.

He's located in Newport Beach

Will smoeone buy this so I don't have to explain a $450 purchase to the wife with taxes due? :(

·
Registered
365 Posts
Not a hot deal a used one. They don't sell quickly on DIYMA in the $250 range,and $450 would be out of the question.

BTW, the DRX doesn't have a copper chassis.

Heck, for $450 I'd sell my Addzest DRX9255 with a US tuner swapped in, and a parts deck.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Yeah. There was a new one in box month or so back that was ?300 or less. I can't remember but I had it linked in the hot deals at the time

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh. I was not aware of the actual value of this unit as from my limited research on the DRX indicated a excellent sounding unit but apparently what it lacks from the DRZ must drag it's value down compared to the DRZ. Or maybe that in addition to its age.

The ad was listed for a "Clarion 9255" for $450 so I was pretty excited thinking it would be the DRZ as those go for 500-600 used on here. Only to call and find out it wasn't the DRZ :(.

So all in all - If I'm spending $450, why not just wait & pony up the additional few bills to buy a DRZ when they pop up on here? Sounds like a plan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.