DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
currently have a Clarion HX-D10 deck. As a pure SQ deck it's serving me well. It's on par with the Sony C90 that I had prior. it's running Tone Bypass to an Xtant P500 parametric for all the tuning.

I'm starting to get tired of the bluetooth headset though and considering a new deck. My wife's new car has a great built in bluetooth system (OEM) and that's what I want now ideally

One option is the Kenwood KDC-X995. it's got my needed Bluetooth for handsfree calling and connects to an iPhone with digital out for higher quality DAC and time alignment that I don't have in my current deck. I was just about to buy an HRT iStreamer for my iPhone music, but the cost is about the same as the Kenwood.

the problem I foresee is the redundancy of my Xtant parametric.

one thing I notice with my Clarion is that if I try to tune it with my deck and not use the Xtant, the SQ drops. The sound is much better as Tone Bypass.

That same issue may crop up with the Kenwood or any other deck I choose. Why add features if the built in EQ or TA only degrade the sound?

so what are other basic SQ decks with bluetooth that has a good tone bypass and digital input from an iOS device? or are we looking at the Pioneer P99? actually just looking at the pioneer site, maybe the DEH-80PRS?

maybe it is time to rip out the Xtant Parametric

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so what are other good sound SQ decks with bluetooth and ipod direct (USB)?

the EQ or TA is unimportant. No interest in running active

1 - 2 of 2 Posts