DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the closure of SDS, along with some other companies on top of the creation of new companies like Resonix, its time to put these products through the gauntlet again.

I have plenty of time, but no funds to do this on my own, so I am fundraising to get this going. This test rig will be more accurate, have better resolution, lower noise floor, audio recordings, and testing at multiple temps. It is also unfortunately more expensive. This will be a permanent addition to my garage, enabling testing for the foreseeable future.

There will be a dedicated youtube channel where all tests will be posted for transparency. There will also be a dedicated webpage with a running database.

All purchases made with these funds will be documented, and reciepts will be posted for all to see that the funds are being spent appropriately.

As of this point, I'm a little over 32% funded. I will begin gathering materials at the end of this week to start building the test rig, and post updates here as I go.

https://www.gofundme.com/raising-funds-for-new-and-improved-cld-test-rig&rcid=r01-155173830995-7be88c932b4c42da&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_w

·
Registered
17,645 Posts
Lets GOOOOOOOOO!!

As you saw, i donated what i can already. i would put up more but running 1 new business and starting another arent exactly good in the personal wallet department lol

·
Wave Shepherd
2,374 Posts
This looks awesome.
I have some materials on your wishlist that I can donate.
I'll send you the details.

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Let's do this people! Donate if you can. Chris' contributions have already proven invaluable to our community. Especially for DIYers.

Thanks to all of you that have and will donate. This is going to be awesome.

·
Registered
17,645 Posts
I love how we have a thread about tipping pizza delivery drivers getting 25 replies an hour, then this has chirping crickets.. what happened to this place?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m in for this and will donate a little later tonight. Can you test Ampere Audio Vibraflex? Thx
That is one of the products that definitely has to be included this time.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I'm with TheLasking that I won't put my name on a list to be contacted for other things. I made the mistake of giving directly to our local fire department once and that was a disaster as thereafter I'd get calls every couple months wanting donations for this or that. Finally got them to stop calling and now all of my donations are anonymous.

TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL - please PM me with your Paypal and I'll give directly if that is an option.

Thanks for offering to do more testing and share the results.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If someone will write the email. Ill send them out.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
I prefer not to involve any companies. I will definitely not be reaching out to any. If any reach out to me, I will move forward on a case by case basis, and only with written terms that allow all products tested that are currently for sale, to be fully published, no matter how well or poorly they perform.

The last round of testing, I had several issues due to taking donations from companies. An employee from GTMat was fired after she convinced their owner to send me some products and it tested poorly. The owner of Raamat ranted against me several times on the forum. The new owner of Second Skin, the guy Ant sold the company to, was fully on board with my testing and testing method and sent me a large box of their products. Then, later on, when I called out the false advertising and impossible physics of Second Skin Speaker Tweakers, he went on a large, personal attack on me, my family, and my testing on this very forum. Moderators did nothing about it. Which is why I haven't been on this forum since 2016.

On top of that, there might always be the accusation of bias, no matter how unwarranted. That's a huge part of the reason I've turned down the two jobs I was offered in that industry (jobs that could really help me right now as I'm currently only partially employed and trying to get my own non-audio related business going).

Part of the testing procedure this time will include full video of all testing, from start to finish, to show that all products are given an equal chance. Thanks to the youtube channel my wife and I run, we have the equipment to do this properly now.

·
Registered
17,645 Posts
The last round of testing, I had several issues due to taking donations from companies. An employee from GTMat was fired after she convinced their owner to send me some products and it tested poorly.
are you fucking kidding me... thats pathetic

1 - 20 of 194 Posts