DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
17,775 Posts
So, how's the Amazon-sold Vibro Solution product?

Vibro-Black is 10 sq ft for $80, and 200mil, and its endorsed by the baddest (semi-famous) builder crew I know, Arclight.

Honestly I've been burned a lot on brands I don't know for deadening, but it looks GREAT.
I have samples from their manufacturer from when I was still deciding on a manufacturer for ResoNix. Let's just say I only have samples.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
I have samples from their manufacturer from when I was still deciding on a manufacturer for ResoNix. Let's just say I only have samples.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm slightly lost but also intrigued. Nick, Silent Coat is the company (with a new American name and now American manufacturing supply.) So, in your testing, did the product fail in some way? What product samples did you try?

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
Work continues on the test rig. I plan on heading to Chris' place tonight to help out with some of the assembly.

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
I have some no name, industrial CLD that i could send in. Anybody have the address handy so my lazy ass doesn't have to dig for it?
I am not sure if Chris is accepting any samples yet, so I would wait to hear back from him.

I did take a couple of photos the other night of the unfinished door to the test rig we were working on. The mic is only there for scale. I think the door alone is substantially larger than the entire test rig Chris previously built. On the far side you can see the first face has had a second layer green glued and screwed.

We also determined that more substantial hinges are in order. (Even with a wheel to help support the strike side of the door.) So those will be purchased soon.

This thing is going to be SOLID.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
Any guess as to when testing will begin?
When the test rig is completed. ;)

Seriously though, Chris is getting close. We have been trying to get some stuff coordinated, but between our two schedules (and scheduling with some outside resources) things aren't moving as quickly as he had hoped. Chris is still making great progress on his own. The holidays certainly don't help the situation, but we still shouldn't be too far out from the first tests.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I for one am very pleased for round 2. The first round brought me to this forum. The 2nd round keeps me here. I appreciate the science behind the testing and happily say, "don't rush it."

·
Registered
17,775 Posts
anyone wanna be the bookie for betting on the results? lol

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
I went by Chris' place last night and we made some more progress on the test rig. Mostly just time on the drill press working on the clamping surfaces for the test panels. If all goes to plan, we should be getting a lot more done this coming Saturday. A couple of photos Chris posted on his FB page...
  1. Steel plate clamping surface to be bolted to the enclosure.
  2. MDF panel that the steel plate will be bolted to. (Center still need to be cut out.)
  3. Chris inside of the test rig... for scale. The castors are now on and the enclosure handled Chris' weight like he wasn't even there.

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
Progress is being made. I go and help Chris whenever both of our schedules permit. He is also making progress on his own. He is about at the point now where all of the literal heavy lifting needs to be done. It is getting quite close. I will quote his FB post from the last couple times we worked on it together, Feb 1 being the latest.

Damping panels on the test enclosure. Sanding and sealing tomorrow, along with getting the end plates cut and prepped for the magnetic latches and hinges.

A little bit over 1 Tool album later lol.......
Drilled and countersunk holes in the steel disks that the magnets will attract to to hold the lid closed. Drilled and sunk the holes for the magnets and disks in the panels that will serve as the end plates for the door and body. The steel disks stick out a bit because there will be an mlv gasket between the two panels. This gives a 0.026" gap between so they dont contact and shatter the neo magnets. Pull force on the magnets is 26lbs, but, that's when attached to a second identical magnet. I'm ordering a second set and doubling them to be sure it closes securely.

181 - 199 of 199 Posts