DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

221 - 240 of 245 Posts

·
Listener of Music
3,298 Posts
Typically awesome. Realize though, NY is in an official state of emergency.

The owner is diyma member Skizer.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Sound Deadening Showdown (SDS) started by comparing different sound deadening products and approaches to controlling noise in a car. After testing a bunch of products SDS came out with their own line of sound deadening products, which were considered to be top tier by most on DIYMA. SDS closed abruptly last year and Skizer (Nick Apicella of Apicella Auto Sound) started Resonix to fill the void of SDS in terms of products and a website with effective installation information. Nick posted some of the product search and testing he went through before identifying his product offerings and it was quite extensive and time consuming for him.

·
Registered
18,418 Posts
How is Resonix's support and email responsiveness? Is there a specific person that I should be in contact with for questions? It's been a few days since I last heard from them.
I am ResoNix. i just saw this and went to check and realized my email was logged out on my phone and havent gotten anything to my phone. Will respond to you shortly.

That said, this is just a side business for me and is second in priority to my shop, Apicella Auto Sound. Its hard to find time to focus on it. I might have to hire someone. ughhhhhh

·
Premium Member
9,169 Posts
Are there any testing results available yet? Thanks!
Not yet, but Chris is getting really close. He had a bit of a setback in recovery after his ankle surgery which has delayed completion of the test rig a bit. Based on my last conversations with him, it looks like some shakedown runs of the rig could take place this weekend.

Reactions: RockitFX

·
Registered
2015 BMW i3
193 Posts
Not yet, but Chris is getting really close. He had a bit of a setback in recovery after his ankle surgery which has delayed completion of the test rig a bit. Based on my last conversations with him, it looks like some shakedown runs of the rig could take place this weekend.
Awesome, thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can't wait for the testing to begin so I know what CLD to buy for the whole floor of my AE86. Patience is a virtue and let's see how long I can weight before I splurge :LOL:

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I'm about to build my own rig on a car door and start testing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That'd be awesome, two rigs testing. Be interesting to see how their rig is setup and if/how much results differ using the same product between theirs and your car door setup.

·
Premium Member
9,169 Posts
I haven't talked to Chris in a couple of weeks. When we last talked, he was going to order some additional locking latches to assist in better securing the door. I think other than that the rig was about complete and ready for testing to commence.

I do know he had to put testing on hold temporarily because he had a pretty big undertaking in replacing the entire A/C system in his car. I'll try and reach out to him this week to see if there is anything he needs help with to get the testing started.

·
Registered
18,418 Posts
Tbh, ive kinda given up on expecting to see pretty complete test results from that rig within the next few years. This is why i ordered a bunch of stuff to do my own. It just sucks that people may take it as biased since i own ResoNix.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I'm sure many who don't know you will, but many who have been members of this forum for a while will likely believe the results without suspicion.

·
Registered
18,418 Posts
I'm sure many who don't know you will, but many who have been members of this forum for a while will likely believe the results without suspicion.
Id film it, so there's not much to not believe but im sure some will try to pick it apart over miniscule BS lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

221 - 240 of 245 Posts