DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace front speakers with components,use the rear deck for two 8" woofers and drive this with one multi channel amp with built in crossover . The first question I have is since I will be using the stock HU to drive the amp will using the line level inputs on the amp sound fine? And what is the major advantage to using a JBL cleansweep or MS8 instead of the line level inputs on the amp? The car is a 2004 Volvo S60 with the base level audio system. The plan is for a basic upgrade without getting crazy. Would consider changing HU but no one makes an interface for the steering wheel controls. That would make the process alot easier.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
There is an enormous difference in the capabilities of the Cleansweep & the MS-8.

They both do a good job, but the JL piece is only a signal-summing/flat eq device.

The MS-8 is a comprehensive eq/x-over that features auto-tune as well as an eight channel amplifier built in.

For your application, it sounds like a passive LOC would be the way to go at first. If that doesn't offer enough versatility, you could always add a processor later.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chaos. If the amp has speaker level inputs why would I still need line out converters?

·
Registered
396 Posts
The Pioneer DEX-P99RS has a steering wheel remote that is super nice, btw I'm from the charleston area if you ever in town. I've got the DEH-P01 japan version of the head unit. It's the only thing that's stayed in my car for over a year if that means anything lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts