DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Napoleon of DIYMA
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a single or pair of Stereo Integrity BM mkIV in like new condition

One of mine developed a rattle in the cone and I need a replacement and would not mine having a spare

Send me what you got.

·
Napoleon of DIYMA
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
depends, if you have a pair of mkV I might be interested also. what do you have?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have mkV's ,I bought them used and one started rattling so sent it to si and got it reconed ,actually they used a new basket and everything so it's a new subwoofer and this morn on my way to work the other started rattling so I'm sending it off to si when I get off so both will be pretty much new when I sell ,idk if it's me or why they rattle with me but I'm done trying ,I'm gonna sell them both and go with a diffrent sub

·
Napoleon of DIYMA
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I took my rattling mkiv apart and basically in my case it's the flat diaphragm that start to unglue itself from the plastic frame in the center. wondering if the abrupt temperature change we get caused the 2 material (plastic frame/metal diaphragm) to expand and retract at different rate causing the adhesive to fail?

here's a video of my issue

you can see in this clip the plastic frame under the diaphragm

I need to speak with Nick to see if he has and idea on how to unglue the diaphragm so I can glue it again.

Is it the same issue with the mkV?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll check when I get off,when it plays it rattles like a blown sub ,I'm sending it to nick so both will nib

·
DIYMA Enthusiast
180 Posts
I have 2 mkiv’s. Great condition. One played in my truck for a year. The other has only seen test bench duty and isn’t even broken in yet. Shoot me a on if you’re interested and I can find some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Napoleon of DIYMA
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Napoleon of DIYMA
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
found 2

thx