DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was looking over the Iasca install quality rules and theres a whole section about needing a photo log. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it absolutely required? Can i just use an external tablet with the pictures on it? Frankly, i find it a little silly in today's age to need a hard copy photo book. It does say its not required but later in the rules there's an entire section of 10 points where it very much states you will be judged on the photo log. I am technically using my phone as the main source unit so would that mean that any pictures within my phone would be considered as a photolog?

"
9.3 - Photo Log Book 1 to 10 points
Points are awarded based on the level of detail shown in the photos relative to the installation of the system and the
judging sections on the score sheet, as well as the organization of the photo log book for easy reference when judges
are scoring. It’s recommended to have the photos organized in such a way that they follow the scoring sections of the
score sheet."

"The presentation may include, but shall not be limited to, or required to have, photo logs, videotape, schematic
drawings, or any other form of documentation. Competitors may use computers that have been integrated into the
vehicle for their system presentation. The competitor cannot require the Judges to wear any devices during the
presentation. (i.e. headphones, 3D glasses, goggles, helmets, hula skirts, etc.)"

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Anything that cannot be easily seen must have photo documentation to be considered for maximum points.
You do not need a photo book persay but your photos should be organized in such a manner that a judge can easily find what they are looking for when scoring the vehicle.

Things like speaker termination, wire runs, construction, should all have corresponding pictures to be considered for full points.

Read and follow the rulebook. Most competitors have their photbook layed out following the rulebook for scoring ease.

Having a judge scroll through a bunch of photos on your phone or tablet with zero idea what each picture is of will not get full credit.

It should be neatly organized with each picture clearly labeled to identify what the picture represents.

Reactions: DoubleCrown

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Same in EMMA. Install pics are wellcome, especially photo documented hard to reach areas. Pics can be presented with Laptop or tablet, some gusy still use photo album books. We also ask from competitors that they have drawing of the system presented - components, signal chain, electrical.... all this speeds up judging process on technical part of judging.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Another question if you wouldn't mind helping. Looking at the power wire fused section (section 10.4) and im not sure i am in compliance.

I have 16ft of 2/0(not 2 awg) wire between the front battery and the main dist block in the back. I have 320 amps of total draw.(vast over estimation of actual needs. )

Wolfram 3k at 2 ohms dynos at 2020 rms and 197 amps.
Sundown 150.4 has 2 40 amp fuses
and im adding 40 amps to account for the DSP/LEDS/Fans electrical needs. So roughly 320 amps give or take. Obviously itll never pull that much ever but the rules don't care about that.

My question is, my front battery fuse between the battery and the back dist block is a 250 amp fuse. The back dist block fuse is a 300 amp fuse. The individual amps are fused at the dist block.

At Dist Block VVV
Wolfram has a 300 amp fuse,(at 1 ohm, it can pull 367 amps at full tilt clipping but im running at 2ohm. So 197 amps at my ohm load needs )
Sundown 150.4 has a 100 amp fuse
and a bunch of individual fans/leds/dsp on a single fuse thats around the 40 amp mark.

Judges will allow for a 20% over/under allowance in fuse rating. Protecting your equipment with a fuse value more than 20% below the recommended rating will not be considered as appropriate. If there is a fuse inline between the amplifier fuses and the main power/distribution connection, the lower value fuse/s of the two will be considered the primary fuse.

Sooo, am i good or what do i need to change??

Slope Rectangle Parallel Schematic Font

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
this is from EMMA rulebook, not sure about iasca rulebook

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Font Parallel Slope Rectangle Pattern
Follow the chart.
It's unlikely in any situation except for test time SPL burps that you'll ever pull anywhere near 400amps.
In this situation, I'd slightly under fuse as a precaution instead of banking on the 20% overage allowance

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Also each component needs a fuse. So you cannot have 1 40amp fuse for multiple accessories. Each should have its own fuse unless it's a shared accessories like multiple fans could be tied together on a fuse or multiple led power.
Dsp need to be separate.

The fuse protects the wire, not necessarily the equipment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts