DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new Ford Mustang Boss 302 and I hate the crappy factory radio that came with the car. It comes with the base model stereo package with no sync and 4 6x8's. I am looking for a Head Unit and 4 speakers.

As far as what I want, I want something that integrates my iPhone well and sounds good without installing amps and subs. I come from the hi end Headphone world and the sound signature I like is warm mids and detailed highs.

Here is what I want in a head unit.
1. iPhone integration, I would like pandora controls and to be able to see my navigation on screen if possible and bluetooth would be nice.
2. Sound quality/power, I don't want to run an amp if I don't have to.

As far as speakers go, I am leaning towards 6.5s coaxials all the way around as these give me way more options for a quality speaker, however I am not sure if the door pannels are deep enough. I have read that some people have gotten 6x9s in there by bending/modifying the bracket but I have not confirmed that. I am open to all brands and don't mind spending money on quality gear. I really want to a avoid a sub and amp as I am not a base head and I don't feel like pulling the Sub out when doing track days. I also think I want to avoid a comp setup from an ease of install point of view and I want the car as close to stock looking on the interior as possiblr outside of the headunit.

I am a total newb so feel free to correct me.

Cole

·
Registered
238 Posts
PM me your number; I have a 'Stang...we can talk about options.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts