DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Members,
So I drive a 2008 Honda Accord Coupe. Currently i'm running Alpine Type R Components (110w/330w) in the front, Alpine 6.5" Coaxials (100w/300w), Alpine PXE-H660 Signal Processor, Alpine PDX-F6 Amplifier (4x150w), and a Stinger 4ga amp install kit. I'm looking to add a 10" Type R Subwoofer (600w/1,800w), Custom Enclosure made to Alpine Specs, Alpine PDX-M6 Amplifier (600wx1). What else will I need for this system? Distribution block, if yes then power or ground, and why? Sorry i'm a total n00b at this, and trying to learn as I go along. Thanks for the help in advance!

·
Registered
546 Posts
You will need a power distro block. And i generally look for the fused distro blocks. Are they needed? Well, no. But i like the added security. Plus, if your amps are in a hard to reach place (like under the seats), then this can be an easy way to replace a fuse. I would ground both of the amps at the same ground point to minimize ground loop.

·
Registered
546 Posts
And here may be another idea for you. If you want to run your coax's, then i would power them off of your headunit. I would power your type r components on the 4ch amp. One channel per mid, one channel per tweet. This will give you some extra power and better dynamics. Then just set the xover point on your imprint

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My amps are in my trunk against rear bench. I used the signal processor to clean up the sound from my OEM unit. So right now it goes, OEM HU -> Alpine Signal Proc -> Amplifier -> Coaxials & Compenents. Are there any other parts you would suggest I get to improve my system? I'm going for SQ.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I think what you have are quality units. The question is, do you feel that its lacking in any department? I believe once you add the subwoofer in, you will be much happier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts