DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Love the forum. Its packed with good information and even better people.

So i'm starting to piece a budget system together and have a 2004 f150 single cab lighting truck. I mostly listen to rock but will on occasion listen to rap. So far I have the following.

Alpine CDA-9833
JL Audio 250/1 sub amp
Alpine Mrp-f200 4 channel amp
2 JL 10w0s in a truck box (I plan on getting rid of these)

My plan was to use the JL amp to power a single quality 10 and bridge the alpine to power the front speakers with 80 Watts for each side.

What i'm looking for is suggestions on front components. I'm looking to spend no more than $100 on these. Used or new is fine.

Also looking for suggestions on a sub. A coworker has a Boston g2 sub that I like the sound of. It seems to perform well with any music. I was looking to do a single 10 as space behind the bench seat is fairly limited. Budget for sub is 150.

All input is greatly appreciated.

Cody
Sent from my T959 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
IMO, $100 is a little low for good components, but occasionally some stores are having a fire sale at this price or lower. In the end, even very cheap speakers can sound very good if you provide to them the right amount of power. One relatively affordable component set that I often hear about is Polk Audio db6501. I have seen many good reviews of it. Also, parts express is having some kind of fire sale on a set of Aura component speakers. There is a long discussion thread about them here:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/hot-deals/[email protected]

PS: It seems like PE offer is sold out already

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
There are many decent subwoofers for your budget. Just from the top of my head:

Alpine Type-R
Infinity Kappa
Dayton Reference HO
Dayton Reference HF
Sundown SA-10
Polk Audio MM

and many others. Once you narrow down your requirements by your box size and type, power, etc. This list will narrow down fast. For example, I assume the Daytons are automatically out because they are 4ohm SVC subs. I personally, would download WinISD, get the T/S parameters, and play around to see which subs like which box, and then pick one with the best sensitivity seeing that you have only 250watt RMS amplifier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts