DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does/has anyone used the Peerless definition 6 kit? I'm wondering how it would compare to JL XRs or MBQ Premiums. The Peerless set is ~$100 cheaper than the MBs and $60 less than the JLs. Their sensitivity is rated at 98dB?? That seems high?

I need a comp set that can run off 2 channels untill about March untill I can get a dedicated sub amp and go active. Right now I have Rockford Fosgate comp set with a crackling tweet and a mid that sounds like its on its way out. I also have a Premier 860MP, it has a 13 band eq and time alignment.

Any and all opinions/suggestion welcome.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had the JL XR's coaxils and they were allright. The MB Q's are better in my opinion. Dunno know about Peerless though.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I bought mb quart QMs over JL XRs. I believe the mb has more detail and sounds more realistic. the newer Qs are clearer than the QMs IMO. the polk sr6500 and JL ZR sound real, detail, clean,etc...also. perhaps more so than the quarts. although they cost more also.

I've Alpine type x reviews, they seem to sound more detailed, etc...than the XRs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts