DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I've just recently had some issues with my stock speakers in the Subaru Forrester 2002. So I've bought a new Pioneer AVH4350 HU (or 4300 in US) and a Pioneer GM-D9500F Amplifier. I am now completely stuck as to what speakers to get. I don't have existing tweeters in the front, but I'm willing to mount them as I have heard components are great. I'm willing to spend around the $300-550 mark for the speakers.

I've been looking at the Polk MM6501, but I'm in uncharted territory. I listen to mostly Trance (Vocal Trance), Rock, Classical and Soft Rock. If 3-4 way speakers will provide better sound for the back, I'm open to any advice. (Not looking for a Sub though)

Any help would be most appreciated!

Regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So looking for something better than Polk MM6501 at the moment, for that price range, and the style of music I listen too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
im a waste of time to listen to - but ben known the be a genius some times .. bouncing idea's

well your waggon is 6.5ich in front - 4ich in the rear - 3/4ich tweeter ... well you have many options with your amplifier pushing 75x4 at 4ohms - even get more if you do a 3ohm speaker (JBL/infinity).(100x4 at 2 ohms)" you said 400$-ish good friend - its a big world - and many types of people own waggons (it a subrooboo joke) is there going to be back seat passengers often > that is really the biggest issue - if no - i would get a midrange loud speaker's that match the front midrange speakers (say if your budget was under 250 - get like scar /ds18 midrange 6.5 -matching set for the 4ich, run them in parallel (makes 2 ohm - <even put a passive crossover on the front to tweeters?>) and buy some classy LouD tweeters (3/4 ich is hard but Infinity makes a small pair that does fit) OR cut in a supper tweeter - running rear channel ..)

"i would add 1 more 4ch amp for sub's / tweets"

take the $$ you just saved for getting cheaper speakers and get a DSP / or crossover /and-or epicentre/

(also - if you got a passive crossover and ran off front speakers - you could run a low-power sub (like a Kenwood 12ich roadS - 250rms)

ps if you did scar audio - you would have the loudest car on the block if not the hood .. and i dig the sound but low end - a subwoofer/midbass speaker bridged on the channel would be best (see tri- speaker config's <aka 3way>) Tri-Mode Speaker Connection

·
Super Moderator
555 Posts
Hello Tdog, I see you are relatively new hear and just wanted to reach, there are a lot of old threads lurking about and you may want to do a little checking before responding..

If you hold your cursor over the guy who originally made this thread, you will see his last visit here was Jan. 10, 2012, about 9-1/2 years ago, so there is probably little chance of him responding or even reading your response... It's also likely that he does not even own the vehicle he was seeking advice for (as it would be nearly 20 years old by now)...

Cheers...!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello Tdog, I see you are relatively new here and just wanted to reach, there are a lot of old threads lurking about and you may want to do a little checking before responding..

If you hold your cursor over the guy who originally made this thread, you will see his last visit here was on Jan. 10, 2012, about 9-1/2 years ago, so there is probably little chance of him responding or even reading your response... It's also likely that he does not even own the vehicle he was seeking advice for (as it would be nearly 20 years old by now)...

Cheers...!
yes - i know - but this form pops up on google search win doing searches for car-audio-related - i didn't know anyone that reads the forms see's old post? adding some bs to them. maybe someone gets an idea - its a dying knowledge - this new generation hers a 3way tri config .. opens up new ideas .. :p i get stoned and make my mark on history - it's 20 years and still here, I'm an old guy, i still use zip-disks that older .. were just shadows and dust ... i didn't want to write nonsense

1 - 5 of 5 Posts