DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, i am pretty new in this kind of business..

I have an older Audi a3, 1998 8T with 1.8 liter engine with turbo.
I have it in a pretty good condition, but still, i want to make it better, and i love music, loud music, and i want everybody around me to know what i like to listen to (yea, i am one of that kid who like to show off). So i want to make some changes also in an audio system, i look up some videos, how to start, what i need for it, but i cannot decide..
I need a new battery for sure, old one is almost dead, maybe new alternator (not sure, old is working fine, i dont know how many Amps it is giving), i was thinking about 2 subs in a trunk (with custom box for them which would be close to the back seats, on the top i would put amplifiers and capacitor-also i would be so glad if someone could help me design that box). I found out JL audio subs 10W3v3 (not sure if those are right choice, seriously, i dont know too much about audio), about 4 to 6 large speakers (i will put them somewhere in a car, i just dont want to have like 2 high tone speakers, 4 midtone and something like that, all together would be great), capacitor and amplifiers (in this i am completely lost, i dont understand anything about aplifiers except how they work kind of).

My budget would be around $1200-1300, but if it could be less, that would be great. (I dont count battery in this, but alternator for sure if i will need it).
I am looking for a good audio quality in a reasonable volume, in really loud i am not expecting amazing quality, but i want it to be listenable..

If you guys could tell me what should i buy, that would be awesome, about how to get it into a car i will find out on my own, i am lost in doing research for this.

Everyone started somehow, so please dont hate me.
Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Crutchfield.com will tell you what size and depth your vehicle can use.Look at class d amps.They draw less power .I have no idea what brands you can buy where you live or if your planning on buying in the usa

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your answer.. Well, i would like to check it, but that a3 was not for US market that time, so it is not on a website.. A3 come to USA so much later.. But i dont mind, i can figure out how to put them in, or they might be a little bit inside of cabin, i dont mind, we will figure that out with my friend..

I am from Slovakia, and yes, i can buy here any USA brands, but i have a plan to bring them from US, so dont worry about this part..

·
Registered
561 Posts
Do you know what size factory speakers are?do you want to run front and rear speakers plus a subwoofer or two.Are you willing to modify doors for 6.5" speaker or a pair in front doors? Do you like metal dome tweeters or soft/silk dome?So many choices.How much airspace cu.ft. do you have to give up for the subwoofers?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes i dont have a problem to modify the doors.. :) I was actually thinking that i have to do it to have a good speakers in there.. I think that factory size is 5.5"..
I like metal dome tweeters..
And i dont know how much airspace i have to give up for subwoofers, i want to put them in a trunk and make a custom box for them..

I am just looking what is the best choice of 4-6 speakers, 2 subwoofers, which amplifiers i need for them, which head unit would be the best choice..
Wiring, modifying door panels i dont really mind.. I just cannot figure out what should i buy..

·
Registered
561 Posts
Loud is different for everyone so here is my opinion.
Fronts sony xs gs1720 $66 online or pioneer tsd $100 both retail around $200 both sound really good
Rears same line just coaxials
Amps ppi p900.4 ppi for subs p1000.1
Subs Sundown sa -12 x 2($190each) or obsidian audio 12x2 $150 each (sundown and stereo integrity design obsidian)ported for both. Should be really damn loud in that car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts