DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

661 - 680 of 1044 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Re: Comprehensive Review: " APL1 " - Advanced DSP / EQ / Phase Correction Unit

I'll put that date in my calendar as well. 5/13 it is :)

I'm a lousy golfer John (Don't get enough time to play), but I do enjoy playing. If it works time wise, I'll let you know if I'm able to join you.

I'll book a tee time in the morning just to be safe.

I'm just starting to get back into golf myself. :D

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts

I booked a hotel room at the Colonial Williamsburg resort. We will be able to play the Golden Horseshoe Golf Club since I'll be a resort guest.

The Gold Course is closed until July. :(

But the Green Course will be open and it's awesome. Rees Jones design. I'll have a tee time reserved for the morning of the 13th. Can always cancel later if necessary.

·
Registered
530 Posts

I wish I be there with all of you, guys. But the distance... God luck!

Sendt fra min GT-I9505 med Tapatalk

·
Registered
711 Posts

I got my second APL1, yay!

If you want, we can throw it in the loop of your setup so you can hear the difference it makes in your actual system. If you don't have easy access to your RCA's, then maybe an AUX input?

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts

I got my second APL1, yay!

If you want, we can throw it in the loop of your setup so you can hear the difference it makes in your actual system. If you don't have easy access to your RCA's, then maybe an AUX input?

Not sure I catch your drift?

I already have an APL1 installed. Are you saying test out a second one?

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts

I'll put that date in my calendar as well. 5/13 it is :)

I'm a lousy golfer John (Don't get enough time to play), but I do enjoy playing. If it works time wise, I'll let you know if I'm able to join you.
10:00 AM tee time at Golden Horseshoe - Green course is reserved. My treat. :D

·
Registered
1,945 Posts

Where is everyone buying those APL-1? Also thanks to Lumbermansvo for offering to help. I contacted him by email and he couldnt have been a more generous guy. Hope to meet him sometime when I got everything in

·
Registered
1,945 Posts

Also, my car has balanced diff outputs. Does the APL1 accept these? Some kinda XLR connector?

·
Registered
711 Posts

Not sure I catch your drift?

I already have an APL1 installed. Are you saying test out a second one?
I should have clarified, "For those who don't have one yet" :D

Also, my car has balanced diff outputs. Does the APL1 accept these? Some kinda XLR connector?
Does it have three legs for each channel? Ground, +, and - ? If so, that should be pretty easy to adapt to XLR, and Raimonds makes a unit with XLR connectors. If you just have Ground and +, then you should be fine with the RCA model.

Also, you buy them direct from Raimonds at Acoustic Power Lab :: Home or you might be able to pick up a used one in the classifieds, but don't count on that.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts

I have a +,-,and shield.

OK so the APL-1 unit by itself will be all that I need? or is the 270 Euro software needed also?

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts

I want to learn how to do the advanced FIR filter time alignment stuff by frequency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,530 Posts

I finally played with the Workshop software today and imported some FIR filters into Foobar2000 VST plugin to sample. It ended up being very bass heavy. I think I need to figure out the best way to do the actual measurements. I used one of my own basic target response files as a "T" correction in the measurement section.

·
Registered
5,530 Posts

10:00 AM tee time at Golden Horseshoe - Green course is reserved. My treat. :D
Very kind of you John! I'm looking forward to hacking my way through with you :D

·
Registered
711 Posts

I finally played with the Workshop software today and imported some FIR filters into Foobar2000 VST plugin to sample. It ended up being very bass heavy. I think I need to figure out the best way to do the actual measurements. I used one of my own basic target response files as a "T" correction in the measurement section.
I really like the Andy/JBL curve, but with a big dip around 3k. It sounds natural and not fatiguing at all.

·
Registered
530 Posts

I want to learn how to do the advanced FIR filter time alignment stuff by frequency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seems not possible to make TA by frequency. One delay per channel. That is why on my graphs there are some small shifts in time domain (although rather acceptable due to psychoscoustics). I run 3 way passive. U should have apl-3 for 6 channels to do it. But agsin, do not expact frequency dependant time alignment. It would be nice to follow the group delay curve, but...

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts

Oh. My mistake. I thought that FIR filters could do varying time delay on different frequencies in order to cure group delay?

·
Registered
530 Posts

Regarding the target curve - everyone is welcome to use his own. I have compared MP1 from Raimonds with the optimal curve for loudspeakers designed by famous Danish company called Bruel&Kjer. They are almost sumilar except the region about 3kHz. But you need a ceetain headroom to correct your speakers. They should be at the first - full range. Small pc speakers do not fit here. More over, your preferencies in music. If you like more details in the midrange, then mp1 is not for you. Statistics says that good quality competition cars have typically 3-7dB less than tuned for ordinary public.

661 - 680 of 1044 Posts