DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1044 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Re: Comprehensive Review: " APL1 " - Advanced DSP / EQ / Phase Correction Unit

I was just scanning this thread again because I'll be doing some more tuning soon. In the very first post there is a screen shot of Coneq PE1, and in that screenshot is the web address Coneq Out of curiosity I went there. I poked around on both branches of that site and was a surprised at how similar the software seemed to APL Workshop. Heck, the software for this hardware is even called Coneq Workshop!

As a Mac user, I was excited to see the Mac software, so I downloaded it. Unfortunately, I don't have a license key, and finding a way to get one is... Difficult. Hmmm.

So I continued to poke around on the site and found this: http://www.coneqpro.com/en/downloads/coneqtechnologyshort.pdf
Read the History paragraph.

So now I have a couple questions for Raimonds:

1: Is Coneq Workshop compatible with the APL1?
2: If so, how do I get a license?
3: I got a warning about the software being old when I ran it on MacOS 10.13.4, have you ended development of it?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

Curious to get the end of this business story too, they have cool hardware and apparently use the same algorithm, but last time I tried when I had my apl was with no luck too.
But even if it’s outdated and feature limited I’d be interested.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

How do you like TüN so far?
I only quickly played with it, and if it looked nice I was a bit perplex.
But it must the mini plugins habits, I can’t see myself dropping the biquads and rew integration though.

·
Registered
708 Posts

·
http://*****aplaudio*****/
122 Posts

I was just scanning this thread again because I'll be doing some more tuning soon. In the very first post there is a screen shot of Coneq PE1, and in that screenshot is the web address Coneq Out of curiosity I went there. I poked around on both branches of that site and was a surprised at how similar the software seemed to APL Workshop. Heck, the software for this hardware is even called Coneq Workshop!

As a Mac user, I was excited to see the Mac software, so I downloaded it. Unfortunately, I don't have a license key, and finding a way to get one is... Difficult. Hmmm.

So I continued to poke around on the site and found this: http://www.coneqpro.com/en/downloads/coneqtechnologyshort.pdf
Read the History paragraph.

So now I have a couple questions for Raimonds:

1: Is Coneq Workshop compatible with the APL1?
2: If so, how do I get a license?
3: I got a warning about the software being old when I ran it on MacOS 10.13.4, have you ended development of it?
Hi,
Everything mentioned is at least 10 years old and stolen in that time.
Therefore, no any kind of support ...
Real Sound Lab is dead for long years already. Thanks to enormous level of crime ...

Regarding working environment.
From time to time I am suggesting to add to your measurement mic and sound card a piece of hardware for about $100 with 4 core 1.8GHz processor, 4G RAM, HDMI, Ethernet, Wifi, 2 USB and W10.
It is taking 2Wats from 5V power supply ...
Its size is 12x12x2 cm
It is called mini PC

·
Registered
18 Posts

Is there a happy owner of the APL1012 on this forum? Wondering to hear a little review and practical experience with it. Pros and cons if any.

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts

Is there a happy owner of the APL1012 on this forum? Wondering to hear a little review and practical experience with it. Pros and cons if any.
If you can wait a month or 3 then I will supply a review for you.

As far as the practical experience...

I have a new battery for the Mrs' MacBook-P, and I chucked in a new SSD into her windows work computer, so I have been going slow on the S/W front.
(Job 1 is to get S/W installed under the parallels VM)

But these things are the same for most tuning S/W that are windows based.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #992

·
Premium Member
97 Posts

I have a unit but have been using it as a desktop 2.2 system. It was meant to replace my apl1 and audison bit one HD. But I ran into space issue due to the size of the unit.

I also just completed the install of my sub in my trunk. Hopefully i can look into integrating the unit into my car soon.

In my desktop, just using it for the crossovers without measurement. It has sounded great. Probably the crossovers. Just sounds clean compared to LR24 crossovers. Just got my replacement mic so hopefully can run it with some measurements to see how it does in my desktop.

·
http://*****aplaudio*****/
122 Posts

Dear Friends,
I must announce that the update of Windows 10 called "2018 April" is not supporting drivers of APL. It is just one Windows version that is known as not supporting.
May be it is because of fact that mentioned update is too much fresh and issue will be fixed.
BR,
Raimonds

·
Premium Member
97 Posts

Dear Friends,
I must announce that the update of Windows 10 called "2018 April" is not supporting drivers of APL. It is just one Windows version that is known as not supporting.
May be it is because of fact that mentioned update is too much fresh and issue will be fixed.
BR,
Raimonds
Hi Raimonds,

I am happy to report that the latest one June 2018 feature upgrade supports APL drivers again.

·
Registered
99 Posts

Since this is the main thread with a huge collection of APL related knowledge, i decided to post my question here.

If one wants to get the best sounding two-seat tune possible, that is, a tune allowing both listeners to enjoy relatively nice FR and image, how would one perform the measurements? Once at drivers seat and then at passenger's?

How one should setup the time alignment? Set in between the headrests of two seats?

·
Registered
530 Posts

Since this is the main thread with a huge collection of APL related knowledge, i decided to post my question here.

If one wants to get the best sounding two-seat tune possible, that is, a tune allowing both listeners to enjoy relatively nice FR and image, how would one perform the measurements? Once at drivers seat and then at passenger's?

How one should setup the time alignment? Set in between the headrests of two seats?
Using the apl-technology you must use the whole volume of the cabin except 10-15cm from all the surfaces painting some curves with a mic., despite you are measuring for left or right channel.
Time alignment is necessary to obtain a perfect sound imaging.
For two persons it is not achievable. It will always be a compromise.
Try to use the same time delays for a driver and passanger seat.

981 - 1000 of 1044 Posts