DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1041 - 1044 of 1044 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Re: Comprehensive Review: " APL1 " - Advanced DSP / EQ / Phase Correction Unit

Is the underside of your dash sealed up?
Not sure if i quite understand the question, but i did apply some dampening to the insides of the dash, but otherwise there is nothing to seal up. Central console is damped with MLV and decoupling material.

It is quite large, though, which might be causing cancellations:

Attachments

·
Registered
729 Posts

Not sure if i quite understand the question, but i did apply some dampening to the insides of the dash, but otherwise there is nothing to seal up. Central console is damped with MLV and decoupling material.

It is quite large, though, which might be causing cancellations:

In most cars the under side of the dash is hallow. Sound may travel up there and bounce back down to cancel out. Most of the time it's difficult to seal up the underside because of the pedals. Not impossible but difficult. I'm not even sure if it makes a huge difference. Haven't had a chance to test on my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
710 Posts

In most cars the under side of the dash is hallow. Sound may travel up there and bounce back down to cancel out. Most of the time it's difficult to seal up the underside because of the pedals. Not impossible but difficult. I'm not even sure if it makes a huge difference. Haven't had a chance to test on my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tonynca is correct, that's what I was talking about.

·
Registered
99 Posts

That is a good advice there. I will try to see what i can do and retest.

1041 - 1044 of 1044 Posts