DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help me understand how to wire up this timed relay.. when i ordered it, i was expecting instructions, but apparently, Nope. so far this is what i have figured out.. the relay side has 3 screw terminals they are, n.c. input, n.o. i dont think i need these... On the other side of the board there is a red, 12volts, black, ground. Beside those wires are two more, white/orange and white/red.. its a switch of some sort.. When i put 12 volts on the red and ground on the black, the green light goes on and i get 12 volts out of the first white/orange wire but nothing out of the second white/red wire.. Also there are two jumpers in the middle of the board not sure what they are for, and the two potentiometers, i am assuming one is delay on time and one is delay off time..
What i am trying to due is delay the turn off on my jbl m8.. When i shut off my BMW, open and close the driver door, there is a 1 min countdown, the car shuts off the remote going to the amp and a loud pop out of the ms-8. Mucho Bado! if i can take this remote turn on wire from the techniqes pnp 7ch hifi 676 harness, run it as the trigger of this delay relay then when it powers down, it will output 12volts to the ms-8 for an extra 5 secs thus no more turn off pop. Or maybe i can just put a small cap in series on the remote wire so there is a bit of a delay after the car shuts down.. Just a thought.

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Or this? JK11S-100S-5V 10A 0-100S Adjustable ON-OFFf Delay Module Timer Cycle Switch Infinite Loop Relay Module

...or this? [US$7.99 20% OFF] JK11S-100S-5V 10A 0-100S Adjustable ON-OFFf Delay Module Timer Cycle Switch Infinite Loop Relay Module Module Board from Electronic Components & Supplies on banggood.com
Instructions:

- Power access:
The module is connected to the power supply according to the correct power supply voltage and polarity. The red line of the power supply terminal is positive and the black line is negative.
- Trigger line access:
The two white lines of the trigger end are connected to a switch, and the module can be started by tapping the switch, and then the switch is stopped by tapping the switch. The trigger switch can be a tact switch, a micro switch, an optocoupler C-E terminal, a relay contact, and the like.
- Normal speed and quick mode settings:
The OP1 jumper is used to select normal speed and fast mode, and the shipment defaults to normal speed.
- Loop mode and single mode settings:
The OP2 jumper is used to select the loop mode and the single mode, and the shipment defaults to the loop mode.
Cycle mode: After starting, the relay is on-off-on-off-disconnect..., and it is cycled according to the set duration;
Single trigger: After starting, the relay is turned on, and the relay is turned off after T1 duration. (After disconnection, the action ends and waits for trigger again)

...and/or this?

·
Registered
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
1,632 Posts
Nc= normally closed
No=normally open
Input - might be common or ground
I agree you probably don’t need them.

Since you get voltage back out of the orange/white wire. I’d meter that one and see if vol drops off as soon as you disconnect the 12v or stays? Then play with the jumpers or pots and see if it adjusts the time. I’m no expert but that’s where I’d start. Good Luck!

Do you get 12v out of NC/NO?

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
469 Posts
n.c., n.o., and input are the relay side ... yes, you need these.

The other side is the control side. Red and black are the power, and the whites are the triggers.

The "input" terminal is connected to the "n.c." (normally closed) terminal when the relay is not energized. When the white receives a signal, the relay then energizes, and the "input" terminal then connects to the "n.o." (normally open) terminal, and disconnects from the N.C. terminal.

This is a pretty standard relay setup ...

Reactions: clange2485

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok after reading all this i dont think this relay will due what i want.. i might have to go to the fuse box and find a switched power for my remote.. Thanks everyone who helped..

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
469 Posts
ok after reading all this i dont think this relay will due what i want.. i might have to go to the fuse box and find a switched power for my remote.. Thanks everyone who helped..
The relay should work fine.

• Hookup constant 12v power to the red wire lead on the relay board, and also hook constant 12v power to the "Input" screw terminal on the other side.
  • Connect ground to the black wire lead on the relay board
  • Connect your amp's remote turn on lead to the "n.o." screw terminal on the relay board
  • Then connect the vehicles remote turn on lead to the white/red wire on the relay board (I'm assuming this is the trigger wire)
If you want to test the white/red lead to verify it's the trigger wire before connecting it to your vehicles remote lead, then just use a small jumper wire and jump it to the constant 12v red wire. It should activate the relay, which will internally connect the "Input" screw terminal to the "n.o." screw terminal, and activate your amps.

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
469 Posts
Oh, and BTW: Most relays have the ability to trigger on a "High" signal, or a "Low" signal ... that's probably why you have white/orange and white/red trigger wires. I use a relay setup as well, but my relay has a jumper to configure the "trigger" terminal for either "High" or "Low" trigger, instead of two leads like yours has ... but it's the same function.

A "High" signal is just 12v signal, while a "Low" signal is a ground signal. If I'm right, then hooking a ground to the white/orange would also trigger the relay, the same as hooking a 12v wire to the white/red one would.

Here's a pic of mine ....

Font Line Parallel Engineering Electric blue

Reactions: Slow Cruiser
1 - 12 of 12 Posts