DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I Want to make a ported box for my AA havoc 18's and tuned for the lows , for my van sizes of space are 54" wide X 19" deep 36" high is this enough ? Can be deeper i'f needed . I'm looking for hair tricks from these subs my vans a small fiat one :)

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
You might have better luck by posting this in the spl forum.

Just sayin

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Hi all I Want to make a ported box for my AA havoc 18's and tuned for the lows , for my van sizes of space are 54" wide X 19" deep 36" high is this enough ? Can be deeper i'f needed . I'm looking for hair tricks from these subs my vans a small fiat one :)
Give Ryan at Ram audio an email or Pete from PWK. They will design an enclosure for you. Yes it costs money ~20 for Ryan and ~50 for Pete. Odds are though it will be superior to what you will draft up yourself and make building the enclosure far easier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DICE!

Box size looks sufficient.

Port size ?

Amplifier ?

I'm unsure on the port size :( , but I'm looking at running two Orion D5000 amplifiers one for each subwoofer . Would these be ok , or is there a better suited amplifier for these havoc 18's there 1250wrms each

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I'm unsure on the port size :( , but I'm looking at running two Orion D5000 amplifiers one for each subwoofer . Would these be ok , or is there a better suited amplifier for these havoc 18's there 1250wrms each
OK, you have 2 of these subs. You are wanting to run them ported. You have these 2 amplifiers? Or you are looking to purchase amplifier/s to power these things?

Edit: went back and reread your initial post.

OK, you are wanting to do hairtricks.

Do you have the electrical to power 3 kilowatts +?

It is going to require moving lots of air. I would get a hold of Pete. Let him know that and figure out what amp you want.

I am a fan of Sundown but there are a ton of mono high power amplifiers out there. I would get a single amplifier. Easier to set up, less wire to run etc.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
its not that hard. just find the specs and plug em in to a program like winISD. dont guess on the size and ports for a ported box. it will sound bad and wont handle power properly. dont forget that will also need to use a SSF to protect the subs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, you have 2 of these subs. You are wanting to run them ported. You have these 2 amplifiers? Or you are looking to purchase amplifier/s to power these things?

Edit: went back and reread your initial post.

OK, you are wanting to do hairtricks.

Do you have the electrical to power 3 kilowatts +?

It is going to require moving lots of air. I would get a hold of Pete. Let him know that and figure out what amp you want.

I am a fan of Sundown but there are a ton of mono high power amplifiers out there. I would get a single amplifier. Easier to set up, less wire to run etc.
I'm looking at Orion d5000 amps two of them one per sub I don't mind running twice the cables etc as long as it will work ok , I'm also going to uprate my alternator to a 250 amp one and get some red top batteries too . It's a very small cab in my van the cabs small and air space / movement should be quite nice .
Do you have a website for pete ? Or is he a user on here I'm in the Uk :) i'f he's in the US would he send plans across to the uk ?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I'm looking at Orion d5000 amps two of them one per sub I don't mind running twice the cables etc as long as it will work ok , I'm also going to uprate my alternator to a 250 amp one and get some red top batteries too . It's a very small cab in my van the cabs small and air space / movement should be quite nice .
Do you have a website for pete ? Or is he a user on here I'm in the Uk :) i'f he's in the US would he send plans across to the uk ?
pwkdesigns.com for pete.

Note than it can take a while after you submit your request (an online form). Apparently he gets a LOT of requests and is quite busy at it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pwkdesigns.com for pete.

Note than it can take a while after you submit your request (an online form). Apparently he gets a LOT of requests and is quite busy at it.
Awesome thanks mate !!
I will get in contact with him good things are well worth the wait :)

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
There are much better batteries than red tops. Not sure what's available in your area but there is better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There are much better batteries than red tops. Not sure what's available in your area but there is better.

I thought they were the best , what kind of ones do you use in the US I might have to order some and ship over i'f there better quality , I want them to last a while

1 - 13 of 13 Posts