DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have one 2 ohms DVC sub- 200 rms per coil and I want to connect this to a monoblock amp but it has 4 terminals. + + - -
Can someone please tell me how to connect this.
Should I just connect each +(s) on the amp to + of individual coils and the -(s) on amp to the - of individual coils.
Or if there is any other way around.
My amp is not 1 ohm stable so I would to like to either use it as 2 ohms or 4 ohms whichever is possible in this situation.

· Registered
11,370 Posts
The amp has 2 sets of speaker outputs only to make it easier to connect multiple subs. So you only have to use 1 + and 1 - to make the connections.

In your case you need to be connecting the D2 sub @ 4ohms. Soooo.....

Connect the + of 1 voice coil to the - of the other voice coil. And then...

Connect the remaining + and - of the sub to a + and - at the amp.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The amp has 2 sets of speaker outputs only to make it easier to connect multiple subs. So you only have to use 1 + and 1 - to make the connections.

In your case you need to be connecting the D2 sub @ 4ohms. Soooo.....

Connect the + of 1 voice coil to the - of the other voice coil. And then...

Connect the remaining + and - of the sub to a + and - at the amp.
I read somewhere we can connect both coils independently as well - how will that work ? and what ohms do I expect to get in both conditions - 1st what you just mentioned, 2nd which I am assuming

· Registered
11,370 Posts
If your amp was 1 ohm stable, you could i suppose connect the coils ++ and -- to the amps ++ and --. That is called parallel wiring and would be a 1 ohm load. In your case however you have to Series wire the sub to a 4 ohm load.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your amp was 1 ohm stable, you could i suppose connect the coils ++ and -- to the amps ++ and --. That is called parallel wiring and would be a 1 ohm load. In your case however you have to Series wire the sub to a 4 ohm load.
Thankyou so much !
I have been struggling with this a lot - so either + and - from the amp can be used for series wiring. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.