DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, sorry if this is in the wrong section I tried posting in another forum and didn't get a response so thought this might be my best bet 馃槄

I've got a 2018 Vauxhall Vivaro and am looking to swap the head unit on it to an Alpine Halo 9. The only thing is this van has a factory reversing camera and parking sensors that show up on the existing screen. Can these be connected to the new head unit or will I need an adapter of some kind or is it even possible to connect?
Thanks! 馃檪

Registered
Yes you can connect a backup (reversing) camera to the Halo9.

If your oem plug is a 4-pin DIN plug then you'll need an adapter to convert that to RCA.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Registered
It won鈥檛 be simple or easy if it is indeed doable in the first instance, it will be a manufacturers generic plug and likely designed to run off the can network for switching on and off

it far easier to fit a new camera in the factory location and run a cable down the van

Registered
It won鈥檛 be simple or easy if it is indeed doable in the first instance, it will be a manufacturers generic plug and likely designed to run off the can network for switching on and off

it far easier to fit a new camera in the factory location and run a cable down the van

Registered

Exactly like that 馃憤馃徏 Relatively easy to fit and it鈥檚 a van so running cables front to rear isn鈥檛 hard

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly like that 馃憤馃徏 Relatively easy to fit and it鈥檚 a van so running cables front to rear isn鈥檛 hard
Yeah that looks like it should be straight forward enough 馃憤 with parking sensors will I also need to replace those for some aftermarket ones or will the factory ones connect up ok?

Registered
Yeah that looks like it should be straight forward enough 馃憤 with parking sensors will I also need to replace those for some aftermarket ones or will the factory ones connect up ok?
The buzzer on the factory ones may still work with no factory hu or in some cases you can buy an adaptor to take canbus in that gives sound from a buzzer and also maybe steering wheel remote etc to the stereo, I know they do that sort of thing for Peugeots 馃憤馃徏

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The buzzer on the factory ones may still work with no factory hu or in some cases you can buy an adaptor to take canbus in that gives sound from a buzzer and also maybe steering wheel remote etc to the stereo, I know they do that sort of thing for Peugeots 馃憤馃徏
I've got a head unit fitting kit coming which includes a steering wheel interface adapter is that what you mean or is this something else?
Sorry for all the questions 馃槄 I appreciate the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.