DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a cable I can use to connect my fiio x7 mk2 to a helix psix mk2’s optical input or am I better off getting the usb HEC?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm confused, I thought the fiio x7 mkii could put via optical and your helix could receive optical... Can't you just buy an optical cable?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It says it can but I’m unsure which adapter or type of cable I would need. It doesn’t have an optical output. Maybe mini toslink?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Oh really, everything I've read says it'll do optical out via the 3.5mm jack, you'd just need to go through the audio options menu under multifunctional out then just enable optical. The manual I found online covers it

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
So just a mini toslink to optical like this?FosPower (3 Feet) 24K Gold Plated Toslink to Mini Toslink Digital Optical S/PDIF Audio Cable with Metal Connectors & Strain-Relief PVC Jacket:Amazon:Electronics

No idea why they'd call that an adapter... Makes it sound proprietary or special to the x7
It may be that and specific to the fiio... I’m sure if a mini toslink would do it then they’d put that... I am not gonna day yes just incase it is something else And not just a mini toslink to normal toslink cable that’s required

·
Registered
2013 VW CC
464 Posts
toslink is toslink. There is no variations. It is standardized. That mini toslink to optical linked above will work.

Reactions: dobslob

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for everyone’s replies. I think I might just go ahead and install a usb HEC because a usb cable is more durable than an optical cable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts