DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea well i'm considering the purchase of a HU. Mainly because i saw the EQ graphs of the stock HU settings and whatnot and they are hardly flat at all, any of them. So i'm considering the purchase of a Cheap SQ HU. And i would really like to keep it fairly low costing. But the Highest SQ ability i can get. I would really like a Eclipse 8053, or something very similar, but i think that there out of my price range considerably. What are some nice SQ units that WILL NOT break my bank, Tops are $250, if even that. As i'm going for a HUGE budget install and such. Will not need any sort of HU amp as well. As everythng will be biamped, just a few bells and wistles, like TA, EQ abilities, and mabey even a little internal crossover and such, Sub out would be great as well, so i have the ability to change my Sub volume from the front, to change on different types of music and stuff.

Anyway anyone have any suggestions of HU's that could fit my bill. And are very attractive, without a mirage of horrible color scheme's and such, from any of the top HU companies. I just need something that can send signal and let me modify it lol.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I have always been a fan of ///Alpine head units. You can find them very cheap at www.onlinecarstereo.com I have done business with them and have no worries about getting equipment from them. Also, www.thezeb.com usually has good prices too. And every once in awhile, Crutchfield will have clearance sales on ///Alpine gear. Thats my vote.

·
Registered
143 Posts
keep your eyes out for a used DRX9255 Clarion on ebay. Probably get one of them for a reasonable price. No built in eq (only bass/treble) or crossover, but one of THE BEST sound quality headunits ever made. 4V out (max 8V), dual 20 bit Burr Brown D/As

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.